Meet up scheduled, need help

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Ok yall, [MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] has put a challenge out there and I accept it, with help from ya'll.

Lets organize a centralized meeting place for NJ, NY, DE and PA so we can all meet everyone from the board that lives in those areas.
How far are *you* willing to travel to meet others from EBN?

we know bully's don't like the heat so what month would be a good idea to schedule this in? Or would the weather matter if I can get an indoor/air conditioned meeting place?

Let me know whatcha think

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
April and October at the popular months for 'picnic' style get togethers - as its the best 'temperature' for the bullies
April's events include
Yappy Hour for Mid-Atlantic Bulldog Rescue
Bullyfest for Heaven Sent Bulldog Rescue.

Oct - there is usually a Yappy Hour in october if memory serves me, and I think there is an OctoBULLfest -

I posted this information just so when planning, we dont pick a similar date, as there are some of us, who try to get to these functions :)

May and September are Really IFFY Months for outside activities due to Heat - and we all know Jun-Jul-Aug are Definately OUT due to heat.

We travel about 3 each way hours for the Yappy Hour, and that is about our Maximum range. I'm not sure how its going to go now, that I'm working overnights 8pm until 630am Tues-Friday (Which means I get off for my weekend at 630am Saturday morning).

So anywhere in New Jersey is 'reachable' and Eastern PA to about Allentown, Washington DC is about the southern extent (but I wont drive in the blood city! LOL)

Good luck with this challenge, I know you can do it ! ! ! !

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue's scared of cars :mad:. We're trying to get him used to them slowly, but so far it's been a painful process. Also, we're in the city so don't even own a car. We've been doing ZipCar for an hour here. an hour there just for Blue.
So, it really can't be a long drive for us anytime soon. More than an hour and a half is not doable right now. Even that is really pushing it for Blue.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm about 1 hr NW of Philly and willing to travel up to 2 1/2 - 3 hours for a meet..... Banks also HATES cars so we have Xanax to help her with long rides.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm about 1 hr NW of Philly and willing to travel up to 2 1/2 - 3 hours for a meet..... Banks also HATES cars so we have Xanax to help her with long rides.

Xanax is a great idea and if he doesn't get used to cars, will try it when he's older.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Xanax is a great idea and if he doesn't get used to cars, will try it when he's older.

I give her half tablet (not sure of miligrams, I can check)... 30 mins before going in car. She is still NOT happy, but her anxiety is not bad at all

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I posted on here the other day and I don't see the post anymore. Jen [MENTION=4676]thesspa[/MENTION] and I are totally willing to host a bully meet up event at our house, it's going to have to be in the fall though because our fence is still not fixed from Sandy and won't be fixed for another few weeks. With events on the 20th in Asbury, the 28th for Heavensent, and one in NYC on the 5th we will be out of safe bully play weather by then so it will have to wait until then. We are in NW NJ in West Milford, we have a big fenced in back yard that all the fur kids could run around like crazy in.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Wow, that's really great of you guys.
Just checked and you're about an hour away from us, so the drive shouldn't be too bad for Blue.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
And we have a 2nd level deck overlooking the yard.. so the adults can hang out and relax away from flying slobber (if we like)

OP
bluesteelapd

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] That is so sweet of you to offer your home to us! I will take you up on that offer. You're 2 hours one way for us but worth the trip
Lets see who else can make it. Getting together in the fall is fine by us!

Thanks again! You ROCK :clap2:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.