San Antonio and Surrounding Areas Bulldog Meetup!

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Saturday at 2:00 at Harberger Park on Blanco there will be a bulldog meetup.

This information came via Facebook from the San Antonio Bulldog Rescue Group. I am leaning heavily toward getting Winston out for some socialization and fun. :)

Everyone is welcome!

OP
Tracy T

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
SABR Bulldog Meetup 2-2-13 003.jpgSABR Meetup 2-2-13 001.jpg
Winston and I went to the meetup, and got to meet about ten or twelve local bulldoggies. :D Winston was a very chill dog, just walking around snuffling at everyone, and playing in the water trough. His little buddy there is named Brutus, and he is a half french half english bulldog of about 3 months. He was definitely the hit of the crowd.
SABR Bulldog Meetup 2-2-13 002.jpg
I think Mr. Biscuit had a great time. This was his expression the whole way home! I'm not sure I've ever seen him look happier. :)

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
[MENTION=7307]Tracy T[/MENTION] I missed it by A DAY! Darn! I would love to go to the next one!! I've been wanting to go to a meet up! Looks like so much fun and I always love meeting new bully owners.

Kind of off topic: I have been wanting to do some work with the San Antonio bulldog rescue and actually have an email saved in my drafts but am too chicken to send it! But I can't foster because I live in an apartment. I don't know if you are close with the organization, but if so do you know if there is anything else I can do? Is there an actual location or are all bullies in foster homes? PM me if need be.

OP
Tracy T

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Most of what I know about SABR comes from my fangirling of Piper Stone, the one eyed bulldog who paints. She was one of the dogs that SABR rescued who has become pretty darn famous!

http://dogingtonpost.com/meet-piper-stone-the-one-eyed-painting-bulldog/

As far as the rescue organization itself, I believe it is a home-run one with all the dogs in foster care. They do frequent events like adoption activities, fundraisers, and these happy meetups for the dogs. Don't be afraid to send that email in! In the end you'll be so very glad you did.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
You guys could make a social group for San Antonia area bullies that you can put meet events into

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.