Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Spring BullyPalooza @ Wonderbar, Ashbury Park NJ April 20th 1-4pm

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    @RaRett Thanks, I get it now.
    And here I thought they were more concerned for the well being of a puppy at the event. The fact that Blue isn't a rescue didn't even cross my mind. Wow, just wow. That would also explain all the questions I was asked about where I got him, how I chose his breeder etc.

Oh well, it is what it is and I don't believe I need to explain our decision to anyone.

I will continue to donate and support a few local organizations (by local I mean NY/NJ), and the auctions held here on EBN. Too bad the rescues don't realize, or maybe they just don't care, how that attitude can turn off so many potentional donators...

Oh please understand, its NOT everyone involved rescue that has that type of attitude, but there are some that do, I'd never lump 'everyone' into any particular group. What people do in rescues are unbelievable, and most of them have true hearts for the animals they rescue, however, there are some . . . . as in any group. You heard the whispers of a few people, did you hear the whispers of everyone? no I just wanted to explain, why some folks were doing what they did.

Now I will admit, it also goes the opposite way, the 1st HeavenSent Fund Raiser we went too, a Breeder wore a Jacket
    'Bob's Bulldogs Breeding, Anytown NJ, 555-1212' had business cards in hand, *AND* an 10-12 week old puppy in his arms. This to me is UNacceptable, trying to sell puppies / advertise your puppies at a rescue fundraiser.

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    @RaRett did you meet anyone from Bumper Rescue while you were there?
    no Pete I truely didnt meet anyone, as my hands were full, with Gizmo acting skittish, and we were spending alot of time with the couple that followed us from the rest stop, I gave her my email, I hope she drops me a line, they were a neat couple. Well, there was one Lady who loved Gizmo's Kisses and she found us on facebook and messaged me last night That is why THIS weekend its going to be different, there is alot more area where HeavenSent has their Bullyfest, so the pups have alot more room, and if Gizmo starts to act skittish, I can step back a bit for her, and introduce her, more one on one. I think she was over stimulated, but she truely LOVES people...cause she can be the center of attention Its alot closer for us too, so I think I'll convince Dottie to come along, Hershey will be fine in his Xpen for a few hours, heck he sleeps all day when I'm sleeping for work

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    no Pete I truely didnt meet anyone, as my hands were full, with Gizmo acting skittish, and we were spending alot of time with the couple that followed us from the rest stop, I gave her my email, I hope she drops me a line, they were a neat couple. Well, there was one Lady who loved Gizmo's Kisses and she found us on facebook and messaged me last night That is why THIS weekend its going to be different, there is alot more area where HeavenSent has their Bullyfest, so the pups have alot more room, and if Gizmo starts to act skittish, I can step back a bit for her, and introduce her, more one on one. I think she was over stimulated, but she truely LOVES people...cause she can be the center of attention Its alot closer for us too, so I think I'll convince Dottie to come along, Hershey will be fine in his Xpen for a few hours, heck he sleeps all day when I'm sleeping for work

Cool, can't wait to actually meet you in person :-)

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    Oh please understand, its NOT everyone involved rescue that has that type of attitude, but there are some that do, I'd never lump 'everyone' into any particular group. What people do in rescues are unbelievable, and most of them have true hearts for the animals they rescue, however, there are some . . . . as in any group. You heard the whispers of a few people, did you hear the whispers of everyone? no I just wanted to explain, why some folks were doing what they did.

Now I will admit, it also goes the opposite way, the 1st HeavenSent Fund Raiser we went too, a Breeder wore a Jacket
    'Bob's Bulldogs Breeding, Anytown NJ, 555-1212' had business cards in hand, *AND* an 10-12 week old puppy in his arms. This to me is UNacceptable, trying to sell puppies / advertise your puppies at a rescue fundraiser.
    Oh yeah, I know it's not everyone. But it's usually the nasty ones who are the loudest so that's all you remember.

But yeah, a breeder with tiny puppy??? Wow, amazed they didn't kick him out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads