RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
No I dont think it was me originally, but I think I added some fuel to the fire once all the smoke had settled :p and I'm not shy of naming names, and actually reposting Direct Posts from the 'K' person - LOL

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I doubt a rescue would not like this site just because of someone calling it the wrong name in a thread once. Otherwise that is truly sad. I think it's just a rumor or at least I would certainly hope so! Maybe [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] can clear this up once and for all? You all should be proud to display EBN at any function, as the rescues should support us as we do them. It's about saving and helping bullies, anything beyond that is petty.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I doubt a rescue would not like this site just because of someone calling it the wrong name in a thread once. Otherwise that is truly sad. I think it's just a rumor or at least I would certainly hope so! Maybe @Twice can clear this up once and for all? You all should be proud to display EBN at any function, as the rescues should support us as we do them. It's about saving and helping bullies, anything beyond that is petty. :)

Well unfortunately "K" is VERY Petty, I wouldnt be surprised if we showed up, and she would refuse to let us in. She's that petty ! ! there's other horror stories I have heard, but its all 2nd and 3rd hand info, and I will only state what I have been exposed to personally. :p

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Well unfortunately "K" is VERY Petty, I wouldnt be surprised if we showed up, and she would refuse to let us in. She's that petty ! ! there's other horror stories I have heard, but its all 2nd and 3rd hand info, and I will only state what I have been exposed to personally. :p

That would never happen.

I wasn't that involved with Mid Atlantic at the time but I remember this well. I asked about that incident once and was told that K had been going through some VERY difficult personal issues that pretty severely affected her judgement. Among other things, she had just lost her own beloved bully and (like me) came pretty close to losing her mind over it. I can tell you that she is director in name only now until the new director can take over full time (she has a bunch of stuff going on right now too).

Everyone knows that I consider EBN my family and at no time, during any of the phone calls or meetings has anyone ever said a negative thing about EBN. And trust me, I've brought you guys up plenty :yes:

Here is something else that I know. Rescue is a very emotional roller-coaster We are all volunteers with busy lives trying to make time for something that we feel strongly about. It's not always easy to make that time and the stress alone can raise your blood pressure 15 points. I can also tell you that we lose sleep worrying about the bullies that we need to save but can't. Right now we have 7 bulldogs waiting to be surrendered to us but we don't have the foster homes to put them in. So these babies, all of them either unwanted or needing medical attention, are in limbo until a home opens up.

After we lost Georgia I told them that I needed a break. Having that sweet girl in my arms for those few hours and then losing her broke me and I needed a little bit of time to recover. 2 days later Mickey happened. His owners surrendered him because he had eaten yet another pacifier and needed a second emergency surgery that the family couldn't afford (second surgery in a month.... this one tore apart his intestines and some had to be removed). My break was over. If you think K was cranky... you should come spend the day with me! :laugh:

Surrenders are up, costs are up, volunteers are scarce and donations are down. Then we have a puppy mill somewhere in South Jersey that no one can find dumping bulldogs on the side of the road every couple of weeks. This makes for some very frustrated people.

K is a very stern woman by nature. I don't get the "come to my house for warm cookies and milk" vibe from her at all. But she has devoted her life to saving as many bullys as possible (sometimes at the expense of her own family) and it is frustrating and aggravating and heartbreaking. I think for that she deserves a pass for occasional inappropriate behavior. I'm not trying to excuse her behavior last year in any way. I'm just trying to explain the frame of mind it was coming from at the time.

BTW... our new director is a strange bird at times too :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you Twice, now let's get off the subject of false rumors....

I have a great idea. Everyone should just shave a big EBN on their bully's flanks. :2thumbs:

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We could make EBN handkerchiefs on cafe press or one of those sites?

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just talk about EBN to everyone you see :) we'll all gravitate to one and other :) Hell I'll walk up to a group 'Anyone here from EBN' ? I mean how many guys are 6'4" with horrible posture, wearing glasses, talking about EBN while be drug around by 2 bullies? LOL

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Lol.. I'd think I'd recognize some of you guys by your bullies :p heheh

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] that is too funny! So I think we'll be able to figure out who you are....LOL

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'll be the one yelling "Otis stop it!" "Otis slow down!" "Otis NO!!" and looking like this :chapped:

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I think my shirt along with [MENTION=4676]thesspa[/MENTION] will be a dead give away, also the lovely smell of stale booze from the wedding the night before.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.