Who really made the first lilac bulldog?

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Zam is out of a litter of Blue Bullies. He and one of his sisters are the only ones out of maybe 6 who are not blue. They both carry the blue gene and will throw blue if properly matched. I got him despite the gene, not because of it. Blue often = trouble in bullys. He's too young to tell how he'll turn out but so far, he looks pretty good. His only health issue has been tear stains and he's a good breather. Time will tell. I have no idea if I'll breed him or not. If he's not really healthy, no way Jose. Demo, allergies, bad hips, cherry eye.... if any of that "normal bully problem" shows up he will not be bred. I'm a firm believer of breeding to better the breed only. If I decide I want to try I will probably have a DNA test done and a hip evaluation before anything else.

I got him for a normal Bully price. The breeder's first pick is his sister. The Blues sold for $6,500 each. They are international champion stock on both sides of the family however and the breeder, a local person who I know from shortybulldom, is trained in genetics. He is also the second breeding of the sire and dam so it's a tested match. Bullys are rediculously expensive to begin with (yes, I know why) but that kind of money is way out of my league.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.