Who really made the first lilac bulldog?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All I can add since I know nothing about lilac, is that black is a dominant color trait. So if the standards accept breeding the color black into EB's, eventually all bulldogs will carry the gene and become a prominently dark colored breed and would lose its magnificent blend of color variations. So this is why the standard should be followed. I am not sure about brown noses, blue eyes, ect. Don't quote me, but this is what I have heard from many AKC standard breeders.

I do not frown upon anyone wanting any of them, they are beautiful!! They are bullies, after all. I do however question the breeders who purposefully try to breed "rare" instead of standard, because it usually has nothing to do with anything but asking for a high price.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
All I can add since I know nothing about lilac, is that black is a dominant color trait. So if the standards accept breeding the color black into EB's, eventually all bulldogs will carry the gene and become a prominently dark colored breed and would lose its magnificent blend of color variations. So this is why the standard should be followed. I am not sure about brown noses, blue eyes, ect. Don't quote me, but this is what I have heard from many AKC standard breeders.

I do not frown upon anyone wanting any of them, they are beautiful!! They are bullies, after all. I do however question the breeders who purposefully try to breed "rare" instead of standard, because it usually has nothing to do with anything but asking for a high price.

AGREED!!!!!!!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I have to say that I am with [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] on this BUT my intention was not to make anyone feel bad! Your baby is sweet and you are here so that means you care about her health and well being so I think your heart is in the right place....plus opinions are like A&% Ho*&^, everyone has one! lol

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
I like that everyone on this forum is considerate of others and I love all bullies no matter what their bloodline or "standard" features. My Hitchy is far from "standard". BUT and I say this, with all the conviction I have.....WE have messed with this breed to the point that almost all bullies have some joint,eye, ear, skin or allergy issue in its lifetime. Its IS humans who have bred this breed to be dependent on us for procreation. It is humans that keep "toying" with these wonderful creatures to gain a profit and I am beyond sick of it!! :cursing: I am not against breeders. I AM against people who use these magnificent, loving dogs. I spend my life saving the "throw away" bullies that people create and I am so disappointed that anyone would support anyone who continues to do this irresponsible breeding! If you dont understand what I mean...try volunteering for a bullie rescue or shelter. Many rescue/shelter bullies are not the Hitchy's of the world..they are the ones people pay $3,000+ for then cant care for because of all the issues bullies have. Please think about what you are supporting.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I like that everyone on this forum is considerate of others and I love all bullies no matter what their bloodline or "standard" features. BUT and I say this, with all the conviction I have.....WE have messed with this breed to the point that almost all bullies have some joint, skin or allergy issue in its lifetime. Its IS humans who have breed this breed to be dependent on us for procreation. It is humans that keep "toying" with these wonderful creatures to gain a profit and I am beyond sick of it! I am not against breeders. I AM against people who use these magnificent, loving dogs. I spend my life saving the "throw away" bullies that people create and I am so disappointed that anyone would support anyone who continues to do this irresponsible breeding! If you dont understand what I mean...try volunteering for a bullie rescue or shelter.
:bravo:.....Well Said

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I like that everyone on this forum is considerate of others and I love all bullies no matter what their bloodline or "standard" features. My Hitchy is far from "standard". BUT and I say this, with all the conviction I have.....WE have messed with this breed to the point that almost all bullies have some joint,eye, ear, skin or allergy issue in its lifetime. Its IS humans who have bred this breed to be dependent on us for procreation. It is humans that keep "toying" with these wonderful creatures to gain a profit and I am beyond sick of it!! :cursing: I am not against breeders. I AM against people who use these magnificent, loving dogs. I spend my life saving the "throw away" bullies that people create and I am so disappointed that anyone would support anyone who continues to do this irresponsible breeding! If you dont understand what I mean...try volunteering for a bullie rescue or shelter. Many rescue/shelter bullies are not the Hitchy's of the world..they are the ones people pay $3,000+ for then cant care for because of all the issues bullies have. Please think about what you are supporting.

Yup... what Nikki said!!!

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth

You explained it well

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

bullieboy

Sep 22, 2011
in my eyes black and white bulldogs look amazing!!! they are so rare and i think they are the coolest looking. but the problem with that is that black and white is very undesirable in the dog show world so you will hardly ever find a black and white bulldog from reputable breeders as they do they're best to breed that color trait out of their dogs.. but after seeing a black and white male in person, i would say screw dog shows and love him just the same

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Im not sure why you are looking at "rare" colors, but please understand that many breeders who breed "out of standard" bullies are also less than reputable. They are often looking to make even more $ on something that is "unusual". A true reputable breeder generally breeds to better the breed and sticks to the standards set for the breed.

very well stated! Understand, review and stick with the standards.

Twinklrtoes1610

Oct 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordis, Khalisie and a frenchy named Fry
[MENTION=3104]mendomama[/MENTION] thank you for asking this question! First of all AKC only says that black and other color varieties other than the "acceptable" coat color are undesirable that doesn't mean that they are not allowed to compete the only disqualification. In a completion is a livered nose. Having said that... How do everyone here think EB came to be? Of course by inbreeding but yet we own them with health problem
and all I had been avoid to post on the site since I bought my new baby boy "rare Tri " but thanks to this topic I in troduce to you my baby boy Quintus and In my opinion in the end it's ur money ur choice ur dog ur problems no one but u will put up the money if u get a sick bulldog these are my two sents!! Sorry guys!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322850403.571416.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322850403.571416.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 83

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@mendomama thank you for asking this question! First of all AKC only says that black and other color varieties other than the "acceptable" coat color are undesirable that doesn't mean that they are not allowed to compete the only disqualification. In a completion is a livered nose. Having said that... How do everyone here think EB came to be? Of course by inbreeding but yet we own them with health problem
and all I had been avoid to post on the site since I bought my new baby boy "rare Tri " but thanks to this topic I in troduce to you my baby boy Quintus and In my opinion in the end it's ur money ur choice ur dog ur problems no one but u will put up the money if u get a sick bulldog these are my two sents!! Sorry guys!!

First of all, everyone here is entitled to their opinion YOU included! Second Please don't be afraid to post because of how people may react (within reason) . Your new puppy is adorabull and I'm glad you decided to share him with us. I don't think anyone here will criticize you for getting a bulldog in a color you love. Yes he is not breed standard color ... but who cares. If bulldogs came in pink , I'd buy one. That said red is my fav and even if it wasn't breed standard I'd still have one. Your right it's your money and your dog so you choice.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I learn something new every day - who would have guessed that there are purple bullies in the world!!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I have two EB that are 16 months old. My male is a chocolate- with a liver color nose. I was not told this by the breeder, and was very surprised when he arrived. I love him just the same and he is so gorgeous. I'm going to try to upload their pic. I'll never b able to show him but those were never my intentions anyways. Why would the breeder hide this from me?

Ugghh can't do it from my ipad but Ill come back later and add from the laptop.. Yes he's rare but so loveable and not his fault

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm having the hardest time posting their pictures. Here they are

Aldo and Katara 16 weeks old
Traditional female and rare chocolate, "flawed" male
Love them both

74d7a08b.jpg

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
oh, and by the way, Lilac has always existed (since the breed became popular), BUT DNA testing is what's new soooo it is just being discovered that lilacs even exist. Before they used to think they were chocolates or dudleys (like mine) and many were put down at birth.. since the genetic probability of a lilac is extremely low without having bred specifically to get one these dogs are super expensive. But now there are more and they will slowly but surely become more readily available, like the blues and black/tans... I have a rare one, so to me a bully, is a bully, is a bully.. except I paid for mine the same I paid for my traditional.. couldn't get myself to spend 13000 o a lilac when they are gorgeous traditionals out there for 1500 or so...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.