Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who really made the first lilac bulldog?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordis, Khalisie and a frenchy named Fry
    Likes (Received)

@mendomama thank you for asking this question! First of all AKC only says that black and other color varieties other than the "acceptable" coat color are undesirable that doesn't mean that they are not allowed to compete the only disqualification. In a completion is a livered nose. Having said that... How do everyone here think EB came to be? Of course by inbreeding but yet we own them with health problem
    and all I had been avoid to post on the site since I bought my new baby boy "rare Tri " but thanks to this topic I in troduce to you my baby boy Quintus and In my opinion in the end it's ur money ur choice ur dog ur problems no one but u will put up the money if u get a sick bulldog these are my two sents!! Sorry guys!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbytapatalk1322850403-571416-jpg  
    Gordis,Khalisie n Fry

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Who really made the first lilac bulldog?

Quote Originally Posted by Twinklrtoes1610 View Post
    @mendomama thank you for asking this question! First of all AKC only says that black and other color varieties other than the "acceptable" coat color are undesirable that doesn't mean that they are not allowed to compete the only disqualification. In a completion is a livered nose. Having said that... How do everyone here think EB came to be? Of course by inbreeding but yet we own them with health problem
    and all I had been avoid to post on the site since I bought my new baby boy "rare Tri " but thanks to this topic I in troduce to you my baby boy Quintus and In my opinion in the end it's ur money ur choice ur dog ur problems no one but u will put up the money if u get a sick bulldog these are my two sents!! Sorry guys!!
    First of all, everyone here is entitled to their opinion YOU included! Second Please don't be afraid to post because of how people may react (within reason) . Your new puppy is adorabull and I'm glad you decided to share him with us. I don't think anyone here will criticize you for getting a bulldog in a color you love. Yes he is not breed standard color ... but who cares. If bulldogs came in pink , I'd buy one. That said red is my fav and even if it wasn't breed standard I'd still have one. Your right it's your money and your dog so you choice.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I learn something new every day - who would have guessed that there are purple bullies in the world!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

I have two EB that are 16 months old. My male is a chocolate- with a liver color nose. I was not told this by the breeder, and was very surprised when he arrived. I love him just the same and he is so gorgeous. I'm going to try to upload their pic. I'll never b able to show him but those were never my intentions anyways. Why would the breeder hide this from me?

Ugghh can't do it from my ipad but Ill come back later and add from the laptop.. Yes he's rare but so loveable and not his fault

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I'm having the hardest time posting their pictures. Here they are

Aldo and Katara 16 weeks old
    Traditional female and rare chocolate, "flawed" male
    Love them both

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

oh, and by the way, Lilac has always existed (since the breed became popular), BUT DNA testing is what's new soooo it is just being discovered that lilacs even exist. Before they used to think they were chocolates or dudleys (like mine) and many were put down at birth.. since the genetic probability of a lilac is extremely low without having bred specifically to get one these dogs are super expensive. But now there are more and they will slowly but surely become more readily available, like the blues and black/tans... I have a rare one, so to me a bully, is a bully, is a bully.. except I paid for mine the same I paid for my traditional.. couldn't get myself to spend 13000 o a lilac when they are gorgeous traditionals out there for 1500 or so...

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Zam is out of a litter of Blue Bullies. He and one of his sisters are the only ones out of maybe 6 who are not blue. They both carry the blue gene and will throw blue if properly matched. I got him despite the gene, not because of it. Blue often = trouble in bullys. He's too young to tell how he'll turn out but so far, he looks pretty good. His only health issue has been tear stains and he's a good breather. Time will tell. I have no idea if I'll breed him or not. If he's not really healthy, no way Jose. Demo, allergies, bad hips, cherry eye.... if any of that "normal bully problem" shows up he will not be bred. I'm a firm believer of breeding to better the breed only. If I decide I want to try I will probably have a DNA test done and a hip evaluation before anything else.

I got him for a normal Bully price. The breeder's first pick is his sister. The Blues sold for $6,500 each. They are international champion stock on both sides of the family however and the breeder, a local person who I know from shortybulldom, is trained in genetics. He is also the second breeding of the sire and dam so it's a tested match. Bullys are rediculously expensive to begin with (yes, I know why) but that kind of money is way out of my league.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads