Brook Rouque

Prima

Sep 1, 2011
In March I drove down to Fla and purchased two bullies. The one that I put a deposit on was not available. Brooke explained that the puppy was in the vets with a resp. infection and under an oxygen tent. My friend from work fell in love with the first male he introduced us to. Now called Winston. I was infatuated with a little girl, now Prima. We went back to the garage where he had pups in pens stacked on top of each other. They had screening that the puppies walked on, where the waste would fall through to a tray below. He had two large pens as described with older dogs in. When he put these puppies on the ground he said that this was the first time they had been on the ground. We took the puppies and their papers. We stayed at a local motel who warned up about him. This was on the week-end, by the next week-end Prima was on deaths door with parvo! She did survive with a hefty vet bill...which is fine! We weren't going to register them because we weren't going to breed them. We decided differently and pulled the papers out. Not only are the dogs not described correctly, Prima is described as fawn/white and is red and white. Winston is described as red with white markings, but is white with a few red markings. AND we were told that they had the same sire....not according to the papers. We contacted AKC and they have sent us a DNA kit to have them tested! We are heart broken! What can be done to STOP this man! What can we do to register our babies? We feel hopeless and would like ALL the advice we can get. We would like everyone who has had a problem with theis scam artist PLEASE contact the AKC!!!! Thank for listening!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
It is miserable to still hear stories about Brook. I have yet to hear papers ever matching birthdates or parents. He will never stop if people keep buying from him, so the best we can do it just let the public know. My dog has a congenital lifetime illness and I did get a "replacement" however he doesn't even seem to be full blooded, seems a little too long legged. I hope you get some help from the AKC.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
This man and other puppy mill operators make me sick. I do wish we could run them out of business but unfortunately there is little to do about it, but just get the word out, but they just change their kennel name and keep going. It is very sad to see the sick little pups and for the people to lose money to these scam artist. :cursing:

OP
P

Prima

Sep 1, 2011
Please everyone contact the AKC, when we talked with them there had not been any complaints lodged against Brook. The AKC needs to know what a scumbag this guy is. Ironic that his last name is Rogue. Also, TV stations, newspapers in the Jacksonville area need to be contacted for further exposure. SPCA, Humane Society need to be notified also. It is criminal in all aspects in what he is doing. He needs to be brought down and brought to justice.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
i'm disgusted that my baby even has to share a nickname with this man. sorry about your babies, at least that are in good homes that take good care of them. i don't even want to think about all the babies he has sold to not good homes. :cry:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You will find that when most EBN members hear that name they get the urge to spit!! He is a terrible person, and seems to be very good at dodging authorities.

He's a one-man puppy mill and a disgrace to mankind!!!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
How is this guy still in business? I would think Ken Amaro would have exposed him by now...

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
sounds like your adoptions were like a rescue. Thanks for the warnings. The more people everywhere know, the better.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Have you searched here for SCAMS and read all of the info on this guy? Maybe you can contact the others with bad experiences through PM and get them to call the AKC on him as well as the news stations. They will do stories if they think there is enough interest and if 20 people call the news, they might consider it newsworthy.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
it doesn't even take 20. up here in ct there is a pet store that's always selling sick puppies and my boyfriend's brother's room mate got a german shepard puppy form them to only have it bleeding from multiple places within 2 days. they gave him such a hard time about refunding him and he went to the news and they aired it, but the place is still in business. = / not a lot you can do. people would rather pay less now and ignore the fact that will cost them or someone else (rescues, etc.) down the road. that's why these places and people will never go away.

OP
P

Prima

Sep 1, 2011
Who is Ken Amaro? Prima is my first bullie baby...OH MY GOD she is wonderful. I was helping my friend (I thought) get her first. She has wanted one since she was a little girl. I found Brook Rouque when I was searching for bullie puppies. I had no idea what he was about. He had some beautiful puppies. I fell in love with one on his site. I put down a deposit on her and made arrangements for a motel room that would let us keep the puppies there. The lady making the arrangements for our reservations warned us about a breeder there in Jackson. I described the website which had a little girl pictured with puppies and that I had been dealing with a lady on the phone. We both figured that must not be the one she had heard about. We figured wrong!! He has a reputation, but some how manages to keep the puppies and dams at many different locations as he told us. His aunt was one of them, I can't remember who else right of hand. We are going to continue to work with the AKC to see if they can help us. One of the responses suggested that we contact others who have had bad experiences with Brook and see if we could work together. He suggested using PM....what is that? Thank you for listening. As soon as I figure how I will add pictures of Prima and Winston. They are so BEAUTIFUL!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
PM is Private Message. You can go up to the top in the search box and search his name and a post about scams (maybe several) will come up. Scroll through the posts and see who has personal issues with him and then click on their user names on the left and click on private message. Then you can have a conversation with them that is private.

tbeyerlein

Nov 21, 2011
I also got a bullie puppy from this dirt bag. Gave me the papers for the wrong puppy, told me that my puppy was so nice that
I could take it to the vet every month and make 700.00 a month and sell his sperm because that is what he does. Needless to say my pup is fixed. he is a family member not a dispensing machine. i just recently found out that my pup brady has a genetic disorder with his left knee and in need of surgery which is scheduled for next thursday and cant get a call back from this guy at all. When I first got Brady he was VERY sick had about 1000.00 in vet bills. All brooke kept saying was that it was normal. I would LOVE to give this guy a piece of my mind if I could FIND him.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I also got a bullie puppy from this dirt bag. Gave me the papers for the wrong puppy, told me that my puppy was so nice that
I could take it to the vet every month and make 700.00 a month and sell his sperm because that is what he does. Needless to say my pup is fixed. he is a family member not a dispensing machine. i just recently found out that my pup brady has a genetic disorder with his left knee and in need of surgery which is scheduled for next thursday and cant get a call back from this guy at all. When I first got Brady he was VERY sick had about 1000.00 in vet bills. All brooke kept
saying was that it was normal. I would LOVE to give this guy a piece of my mind if I could FIND him.

Look under a rock somewhere. He'll get his someday.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I will say he is usually walking around GA/FL RV city selling puppies. But this year, unless he was very very sneaky (since he knows where we park) I didn't see him. At one point I only saw 1 puppy and not even sure if it was for sale. Rumor has it that "aunt" he has help with the breeding is actually his landlord

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online