Searching for our first "show" prospect

momtodozer

So now that I have fallen totally in love with the EBD breed, and have always been interested in the show ring, my friend (who also has a pet EBD) and I are starting our research and search of our first show prospect...boy am I overwhelmed at all the info I've ingested in the last couple weeks. We are currently talking to and planning some visits to show breeders in our area. We are in Virginia and are willing to travel. But wondered if any of you knew some info on some really good show breeders or lines in and around Virginia.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Have you checked the BCA website?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Yes you can look there, or go to some shows and talk to the people. They are so helpful and willing to help. You will surely find out who is having litters and when.

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
Laurel has bulldog puppies now. Tell her Roanne sent you. Good luck on your search!

PM for details.

Last edited by a moderator:

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
be sure and do some very good research before you commit. Of course breeders will tell you that their bloodlines and ALL of their puppies are champions. And if you believe that you will be taken advantage of. AKC and BCA list breeders who are signed up with them. This does not vouch for them, just that they are in the biz. ASK for reference of people who have bought puppies previously. Do they own the parents? Can you visit them and see parents and puppies together? Do they have a contract/agreement or just want to take you money.

Going to a show will reveal what look the JUDGE likes, not necessarily what is the breed standard. BCA has a pdf that you can download to read, see and learn what is the breed standard. And, if what you find is not the breed standard, that is ok as long as it is healthy and you just want a bulldog to have and love. If you want to have your puupy shown or if you intend to learn to show, that is far different than owning a show puppy.

Disclaimer; I breed and show bulldogs and not everyone of my puppies is show quality.

Good Day~

BanksKennels

Oct 8, 2011
I'm new & lookin as well, what is the bca exactly and how do i get to it? also roanne can i get info on the litter laurel has? Thanks everyone, & momtodozer good luck in your search!

vaill

Nov 16, 2011
Just realize too that a baby (puppy) can look good at 8-10 weeks and not be show quality when 6 months rolls around. If you REALLY want to show and do well find a breeder who will sell you a puppy at 6-7 months. I bought Presley hoping to show and I love her no matter what but she is 7 months now and much too "male looking" and big to do well in the show ring.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.