Does anyone know this "breeder"?

PBandMe

Jul 28, 2011
I recently purchased a pair of EB's and have had contact with both of their breeders, one much more accommodating than the other, my male is from TN and his breeder has sent pics of his parents and given me info on them and so on after I explained that I now own a previous pup, however my female is from a breeder in OH whom I have gotten one rather unaccomodating (best word I could find) email from, she will not send pics or info on the parents and all she would tell me is the mother is white and dad is tan. I have her name, email address and that is all. Her name is Alicia (I will share the last name through PM) indent even know what part of OH she is from. I googled her info and got no hits, just wondering if someone may know of her and have some info? Pm for more info.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No help but am confused. You purchased the bully and have this pup now? Wouldnt all this info come about (or lack there of) before the purchase? Sounds shady and not someone I would wanna buy from.

OP
P

PBandMe

Jul 28, 2011
No, sorry I should have been more clear. I purchased these 2 from my ex brother in law, he was able to give me the breeders name and email address, it was that way that I had contacted her and asked for some background and such, she told me that she wont send pics of her adult bullies out and that all she could tell me was the colors of the parents. I should have been more clear sorry, I am the 2nd owners of these guys. The female in question is 19 months old now.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Well, it doesn't sound good to me. Most breeders that I have spoken to/emailed with seem to be PROUD to show the parents and many post the pictures and details about the parents on their websites.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Yes, that does sound pretty shady to me. As mentioned before most good breeders are proud of thier dogs and don't mind sending pics of the parents. I just recently got pics of Matildas mom.

sleet

Oct 23, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Dulcinea (Rosie)
You could try and find an all breed AKC Kennel Club in the area you believe she lives in. They often know who is breeding and selling dogs even if they don't advertise on the internet. Most Club members are more than happy to help you. Good luck.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
It almost sounds as if she imports, then she wouldn't have photos of the parents. Very shady.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
If it smells funny - it stinks. Period.

Anyone wanting a puppy should never EVER buy it thru a newspaper ad and should always get a reference for the breeder from someone - bulldog club, other bullie owners, boards like this one. In the age of the internet, it's just too easy to "check up" on someone. If the breeder is reputable, other folks will know them. If they aren't someone with references --- avoid. Anyone questioning this logic should go look at pictures of what a puppy mill looks like.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.