Anyone heard of?

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Let me say before I ask this question - I am not currently looking to breed. I was just curious if anyone ever heard of this before.

We were talking to a breeder yesterday who said they had 2 litters (from two different bitches) natural - the dogs bred naturally and delivered naturally.

I have never heard or read of this ever before in my life. The puppies had the same survival rate, and we even saw the second litter of puppies and they were beautiful puppies. I was just in shock.

Anyone heard any stories of this gone well or gone awry?

sitartzm

May 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Brewer
My puppy was born naturally. The mommy was supposed to have her c section the next day. There was 4 pups but 3 survived because the first pup got stuck on the way out. But the other three pups are healthy.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
It's possible! The puppy I was supposed to get before Delilah (long story, lol) was born naturally. That was the mom's second and last litter, and both had been born naturally.

I think Delilah was a c-section though.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Let me say before I ask this question - I am not currently looking to breed. I was just curious if anyone ever heard of this before.

We were talking to a breeder yesterday who said they had 2 litters (from two different bitches) natural - the dogs bred naturally and delivered naturally.

I have never heard or read of this ever before in my life. The puppies had the same survival rate, and we even saw the second litter of puppies and they were beautiful puppies. I was just in shock.

Anyone heard any stories of this gone well or gone awry?

Hello,

Natural whelping in EBD is still very rare. Estimates are that 95% of all breeding is done AI and 95% is done by c-section. If you look back at the ancient pictures of what a bulldog originally was, you can see how much they have changed over time. The changes in the body structure of the anantomy of the female have almost caused the extinction of the breed. Until that is AI was perfected and C-sections were used.

But stewards of the breed are working on breeding more FREE Whelping dogs. Yes, it does happen but it is very rare indeed.

Good Day~

Most Reactions