breed or not to breed?

roxanne81

Jun 15, 2011
kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
bulldog
hello i posted this in a few spots but after a answer i thought i should ask other breeders .
basicaly is the breeder right?if so i have no issue with paying her the money and the fight will be over ...i breed other dogs and hips and ofa are important to me and to see her is such pain makes me mad at my friend the breeder for not testing her dogs and mad at myself for taking her word on the quality of hips ...

I have a 4 month old bulldog i bought from a friend for breeding.
her kneecap has been ripped from her tibila crest so she needs surgery.over 1000.00 to pin it together he also said she may always limp
the xrays show she has bad hips needless to say we will not be breeding her. i told the breeder i will not pay for the breeding rights as i can not breed her.
she told me my vet was wrong and the hips will be fine because other dogs in the line have been tested fine..she dosnt believe the hips are bad. she says she has never had a issue and no other pup of hers has ever had a issue in 7 years of breeding. i asked her how she knew that she said it had never been reported...if i didnt know her i wouldnt of thought to tell her about it so i think she is wrong on that .
she has not tested her dogs ofa. and she also informed me she would be happy to take her back and breed herself or resale to someone who would.
i will not give her back for that to happen... as i feel that is wrong.
the vet said it probly came from jumping off somthing. the tallest thing she jumps off of is 12inches.
dose anyone know if her hips would of played a part in the knee injury? or would the knee injury cause the bad hips?
the xray shows the right hip as bad and the left as WAY worse to me it looked almost dislocated....this side is also the knee side

i forgot to ask the vet and he is hard to get ahold of he is only vet he has like 15 helpers and his office is always packed and its very hard to get thru on the phone or i would just ask him...

Attachments

• vodoo window_edited-1.jpg
    vodoo window_edited-1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 151
  • vodoo max_edited-1.jpg
    vodoo max_edited-1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 115
  • voodoo classic_edited-1.jpg
    voodoo classic_edited-1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 137

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Far too many breeders DO NOT UNDERSTAND breeding. If a male dog and a female dog create a pregnancy, this is NOT breeding. This is merely creating a pregnancy. Understanding genetics, line profiles and what to improve upon to be stewards of the breed and to give back to the breed is what a breeder needs to be.

Anyone considering buying a bulldog NEEDS to do their homework, check out the “breeders” ASK lots of questions, do your homework. A cheap priced bulldog is usually not a quality bulldog. A rescue bulldog is priceless.

Good Day~

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Hip problems are not completely ruled out until 2 years of age. If an x-ray revels problem at a young age, it does NOT necesarily mean there is a long term problem. yes, any fall or jumping of a puppy can cause problems. I teach my kids and now my grandkids to NOT let our puppy Bullies stand up on that hind feet, jump up or even play rough.

So to have your vet xray and tell definetively that there are bad hips seems too soon, my opinion only of course.

Good Day~

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Your breeder sounds like she honestly doesn't know what she's talking about.

I hate to say it..but that's how it sounds. Why would she take the dog just to resell to someone who would breed her?? Geez. Dogs aren't just breeding stock. It makes me mad when people treat them as such.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.