Diva is due in two weeks but wont eat

Jefferson bulldogs

Feb 7, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
The vet says this is normal but it makes me so nervous that she wont eat, she has 2 weeks to go till she is due. This has never happened before. Maybe because it is a hot day today. She drinks plenty of water. I have tried canned food of every kind, fish, beaver, venison,lamb as well as raw diet. She just doesnt want it at all. I even tried to hand feed her still nothing. She did eat some Nutri-Cal though. Any advice on this?

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
She may "feel" full due to the pressure of the babies on her stomach. I would suggest giving her very small portions, and yes, you may have to do this by hand, several times a day. How long has it been since she ate? Is she eating anything at all?

Another question is has she been using the bathroom? If she is constipated that can only make her even more full. Maybe try a very small scoop of plain yogurt on top of a 1/4 c of dry kibble?

OP
Jefferson bulldogs

Jefferson bulldogs

Feb 7, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
She has been using the bathroom but small amounts come out. She ate yesterday but wont eat today. for the past 3-4 days she has been getting very picky about what she eats but now she came to a stop. Maybe her belly is just too crowded. I will try yogurt today.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
I know my bullies cannot resist yogurt. And it helps the digestive system. Call you vet tho first and ask if that will be okay- just to be on the safe side.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Hi, My Cadi is also due in 2 weeks...and she does not always eat real well ... yesterday she ate today she has not .... she drinks water and poos just fine. I think she is just feeling very full. I put some carrots on her food or green beans, some times that helps but not today. Maybe I too will try the yogurt. Let me know how your Diva does.

Feb 1, 2010
Navarino Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Goliath,Buddy,Maggie,Belle,Bertha,Ollie,Betsy
As a Bulldog owner & breeder for the last 22 years I would.
#1 start taking her temp 3 times a day to get a baseline as all dogs can be different. The normal is 100.5 to 101.5 the last 8 to 10 days of her pregnancy
if it starts dropping I.E from 100.5 down to 98.5 call you vet asap as it would be likely she is going in to the first stages of labor.
#2 Most bullies are a 60 to 61 days but if you do 3 A.I's the first one write it down. 48 hours latter the seconds time write it down.24 hours latter write it down. I A.I in 5 days total. Fresh sperm can live up to 5 days so now you have a 10 day window.
#3 Do X rays at about 52 days & at about 58 days that well give you & your Vet a much better time table. Yes it is not cheap but it is alot cheaper then loosing a litter because the C section was to early!
Not all girls will Nest , break water etc, I have never had a bully that did not have her temp go down.
I start about 2 week before the C section to change there diet . I use the food they have been on ( never change 100% ) in 1 of 2 days. I mix 50% plus about 30 to 40% canned food with a cup of powdered milk. There are many different ways but this works best for me.
Mike Hedrick , Hedricks English Bulldogs

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.