helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I SAW THIS & THOUGHT WOW! YA WOW☺️🐾🐾🐾🐾💕💖....I Am A Breeder!

My Home smells like puppies! Yes they can be stinky! when the puppies leave for their forever homes the smell leaves till we are blessed with the next litter.
This does not mean we are dirty we Clean more often an with tons more disinfectants and cleaners than any average home!

My food receipts for a family of 4 and my dog food bills match
My water bill has doubled
My electric has doubled
It is I, a breeder, who when my fridge quit, saved the dog meds and let the food go bad.
My feet find the way to the kennel before I have even grabbed a cup of coffee in the morning and the kennel is my last stop before bed. Many days there is no lunch for me.
While my friends are on a cruise to the Bahamas and my family meets for Christmas I am home delivering puppies
I haven't had a real vacation in 10 years, but maybe soon.
All plans are made around heat dates, whelp dates and vet dates.
I shower and 10 minutes later my kids say I smell like a dog
My clothes are all stained with fecal matter, urine, afterbirth or bleach
I have to remember to clean my shoes before going out.
Most of my friends breed dogs - who else can you call at 3 am for support?
Who else has the experience I sometimes need, the med I sometimes need, or just an uplifting word I sometimes need ?
Who else would understand how it feels to have invested hours and hours and hours in a weak puppy to lose it?
Or the joy in investing hours in one that lives?
I have slept on the floor beside a litter until the crucial first 2 weeks have passed.
I have bottle fed a litter of 9... feeding every 2 hours and it taking 90 minutes to do, for weeks at a time.
I have learned to be proficient at micro chipping, vaccinations, sub q fluids, bottle feeding and tube feeding.
my vet knows me
I am a breeder
It is to me that 63 days takes on new meaning still excited by every new life
It is I who delivers all my pups, towels and heat lamps on ready happiness and sadness sometimes intermingled
Even though it increases my work load, I look forward to the 10 day stage when eyes open, and puppies begin to emerge from the helplessness of newborns.
Puppy breath, a first bath, and a heart of exploration.
I am not uneducated, unemployable, illiterate or lazy as some Animal Rights folks would imply of breeders.
I am a conscientious lover of animals and I have found my niche.
I am a breeder.
I am not raking in money while sitting on my butt.
Every penny I make I earn through blood, sweat and tears.
My greatest joy is a healthy puppy and a wonderful home.
The cards of thanks and the pictures of my puppy with its new family is the fringe benefits of my efforts.
I am an animal lover, nurse, midwife, heavy laborer, customer service representative, and marketer.
When you are doing it right, it takes 3 litters a year to break even and that's if you have minimal vet bills!
AND I am a breeder
**Shared from another Breeder**

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow is right....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Oh THAT IS AMAZING. Someone got this 100% correct.
I am too.
I know many others who are too.
Thank you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.