Plz help thinking of showing my Chevy but not sure if conformation is right

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Plz help thinking of showing my bully baby Chevy in a 4-6 month puppy show but for one I'm not sure if he meets the standard of course he is georgous to me but I don't know about every one else and I am also trying to train him for this event so we r trying to learn stand and stay and also trying to learn to stand really still while some one checks him out with out him trying to nip or chew or flat out being hateful and biteing so any help u may have would be great here are a few pics of him IMG_20170619_182914.jpgIMG_20170619_181645.jpgIMG_20170626_173632.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beautiful little guy! Good luck.... I have no experience in showing, but I tagged to people I can remember that do

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
He looks absolutely adorable. There is one thing though... he does have floppy ears. How old is he? If he is not very old you could still be able to correct them by taping or glueing. I prefer taping and here is a pic how to do it.12717902_10208480750156183_6968919304936278271_n.jpg

I would give it a try. If these are resent pictures he could stil be so young that it would do the trick.

And for you all bullies out there who have floppy ears.... you're just as beautiful as the next guy with rose ears.... but just not for shows:heartsign:

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
He looks absolutely adorable. There is one thing though... he does have floppy ears. How old is he? If he is not very old you could still be able to correct them by taping or glueing. I prefer taping and here is a pic how to do it.View attachment 106711

I would give it a try. If these are resent pictures he could stil be so young that it would do the trick.

And for you all bullies out there who have floppy ears.... you're just as beautiful as the next guy with rose ears.... but just not for shows:heartsign:

Thank u very much and he is 11 wks old yesterday and when he hears a noise or perks his ears up they rose but if hes sleeping or something they go floppy and they seem to rose a little more every day and thankbu for ur feed back I need all the help I can get lol

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
And thank u so much I think hes a cutie and won my heart over quickly I love hearing what every one else thinks of him especially since were are thinking of doing a show

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
He really is a gorgeous pup,,,,,, and hope someone can help with the "biting' issue... I don't think that will go over any too well in a ring... lol hopefully that stage will be gone by then.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
As far as I noticed, rose-shaped ears requirement seems to be not so strict here in the US, like in Europe. In Europe yeah, no way. In Europe they would also probably consider his nose rope not big enough.
You should make also a nice side view picture for proportions and rear end picture (to assess tail).

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
IMG_20170619_182751.jpg
IMG_20170529_220140.jpg
Here is a side view and one of his piggy tail

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
IMG_20170626_173529.jpg
And he is laying down but here is mostly a full body shot

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
And just curious but how old are bully pups when they come out of the biting stage hopefully soon I mean he trys but when he gets to playing its like he forgets the rules of playing nice or when he wants ur attention or when he doesent get his way well OK all the time when anything happens lol he nips a little and forgets the rules just curious if this is just him being a puppy or if he's just being a brat

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
just to get more response on this little bittie brat of yours,,, you prob should start another post... just a suggestion :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
His ears are too floppy, and a little nosy (snoot too long) but he is a cutie pie thought.

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Thanks for the input any advice is helpful

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hi,

I suggest to go visit local dogs shows to see other Bulldogs being shown, which ones win and how they are handled. Also study the BCA breed standards and be honest when comparing your puppy to the bred standards. We all LOVE our bulldogs. Only some are show dogs in conformation shows but ALL are welcome in FUN shows. Check to see if there is a local Bulldog club in your area.

Find a handler and take lessons. Showing a Bulldog (or any dog) is way more than walking on a leash. The handler needs to train YOU and your dog. Take lessons, practice and show. Learn from what went right and what went wrong. Find a mentor.

For now, have someone take pictures of your dog from about 3 feet away from the front, side, back and standing over the top. Hold your dog on a leash and have your dog standing, not sitting, not laying down. The pictures need to be from the ground level, not from standing up and looking down, except for the overhead view directly over the back.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online