Help needed, have I been scammed?

Sillybully

Mar 22, 2017
London
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlee
Firstly let me start by saying please don't make harsh or rude comments I'm new to this breed and even after months of research I feel I may have been duped! I love my girl and I'm over the moon with her looks and temperament but I think I may have been sold a bulldog Mix rather then a pure English which is what I was looking for! I did the relevant checks made sure the breeder was kennel club assured asked to look at mum and dad but after going through her pedigree it seems some of her relatives are not English bulldog at all and more olde tyme bulldog. So my questions are can I DNA test for this? If so where should I get this test done my vets or online? Secondly if it's proved that I have been sold a mixed breed dog with fraudulent papers where do I stand legally? Thanks in advance for reading I welcome peoples kind comments

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
You should be able to thru your vet get a DNA test , if you find out that he/she is not what was represented to you upon purchase then you need to talk to a lawyer to sue I guess
Have you talked to the breeder versus all this cost ? To me if you love the dog as you say why bother enjoy I know I would not bother and fully enjoy Harlee.
We here do not make Harsh or rude comments , the whole idea is to help and have fun with the breed we all love very much , love to see some pics of Harlee were sort of addicted to pics here lol
Hope all works out for you and Harlee

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Any vet should be able to do a DNA test... did you receive paperwork that she was purebred? Here in the states we have AKC certification, I'm not sure how it's done over in the UK. Legally you would need to consult a lawyer, and I'm assuming this would fall under small claims court. Can you post a pic of her on here? MANY times we have had members on here that are concerned that their bulldog is not a purebred, some EBD'S go thru an awkward stage where they look more like other breeds such as boxers or olde english.

EBN is here to help and provide support to all bulldog owners, and I hope that we can put your fears to rest.

OP
S

Sillybully

Mar 22, 2017
London
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlee
Hi thanks so much for replying I apologise if my thread sounded judgemental I think I was worried I would be made to feel so silly and having read it again it sounded like I was being the judgmental one. I am trying to upload photos but struggling as I am using my phone. I received kennel club paperwork and a colour DNA certificate with her, I have checked with the kennel club and the litter seems to be legitimate but after consulting a friend who breeds olde English he is certain my pup is infact olde English by looking at her relatives. I love my pup and will never rehom or look at her differently due to this situation I guess I would just like to know if the breeder had intentionally sold me a pup that is not what I thought I would be getting.

Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_7838.JPG
    IMG_7838.JPG
    838.8 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_7885.JPG
    IMG_7885.JPG
    864.6 KB · Views: 363
OP
S

Sillybully

Mar 22, 2017
London
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlee
I can upload a photo of the relitives also if that's helpful?

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OMG!! Harlee is adorable:loveeyes::loveeyes:, I am newbie, but she looks All Bulldog to me Good Luck in your quest, and please stick around so we can keep seeing Harlee!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
She is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Just enjoy her! Trust me, there are a lot of fake paperwork out there in most clubs all over the planet. Little Miss Harlee is a beauty. Love her brindle! Hope you stick to this site as we are always here to help. We dont judge anyone. We can be very direct because we care. (Im speaking for myself lolll) We do have some members from UK which they might be in a better position to guide you on a great bully vet. Your friend that breeds OEB, im sure he has a good bully vet. Read as much as you can in here as you will learn a lot, have great ideas, what to feed or avoid etc etc. Keep the photos coming! We like to see them growing up.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
She looks EBD to me! I have two that are full sisters, and they look different from each other,and they are AKC. If you are determined to check your bloodlines out, I would contact a very well known breeder in the UK, and ask them to have a look at your papers. Have you sent in for her papers-and was it to the proper EBD registry? If they registered her-all must be okay. She is so cute and wrinkley! That you love her is what really counts,after all!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
My goodness what a beautiful pup !!!! I hope you post more photos! You've received the best of the best as far as this forum goes, for advice, I have nothing to add (pretty new to EBD) except that your Harlee is gorgeous !!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hi thanks so much for replying I apologise if my thread sounded judgemental I think I was worried I would be made to feel so silly and having read it again it sounded like I was being the judgmental one. I am trying to upload photos but struggling as I am using my phone. I received kennel club paperwork and a colour DNA certificate with her, I have checked with the kennel club and the litter seems to be legitimate but after consulting a friend who breeds olde English he is certain my pup is infact olde English by looking at her relatives. I love my pup and will never rehom or look at her differently due to this situation I guess I would just like to know if the breeder had intentionally sold me a pup that is not what I thought I would be getting.

Thanks again

Absolutely NO need to apologize... there are NO silly questions here at EBN, and I understand your frustration... especially when you feel that you've done your research on your breeder.

She looks to be full EBD to me... I'll tag some other members to see what they think, she is absolutely adorable :drawheart:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
If you want to be sure, know that Vetgen does mixed breed DNA tests https://www.vetgen.com/canine-mixedbreed-test.html
I don't know wht your legal rights would be, but at least the breeder would have ome explaining to do, if you would find somthing else than bulldog in there...

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
She is gorgeous and certainly looks all bully to me!

Just out of curiosity, what is her tail like? If by chance she does have a tiny bit of some other bully breed in her, it could be to her advantage health wise. Whatever the case, she is a beautiful girl!

OP
S

Sillybully

Mar 22, 2017
London
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlee
She is gorgeous and certainly looks all bully to me!

Just out of curiosity, what is her tail like? If by chance she does have a tiny bit of some other bully breed in her, it could be to her advantage health wise. Whatever the case, she is a beautiful girl!

Hi thanks for your reply 😊 She's wonderful and I love her so much I think I just feel I deserve to know the truth. Her health and happiness is the most important thing to me but I brought her having good faith in the breeder and didn't expect question marks over her pedigree. Her tail is a short corkscrew il see if I can upload a photo

OP
S

Sillybully

Mar 22, 2017
London
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlee
You should be able to thru your vet get a DNA test , if you find out that he/she is not what was represented to you upon purchase then you need to talk to a lawyer to sue I guess
Have you talked to the breeder versus all this cost ? To me if you love the dog as you say why bother enjoy I know I would not bother and fully enjoy Harlee.
We here do not make Harsh or rude comments , the whole idea is to help and have fun with the breed we all love very much , love to see some pics of Harlee were sort of addicted to pics here lol
Hope all works out for you and Harlee

i have not talked to the breeder yet as i thought it would be best to find out before i contact him as i woukd hate to ruin my relationship with him if i am indeed wrong, he seemed so genuine but you just never know do you. part of my problem is if he hass lied about that what else could he have lied about?

thanks for taking ti the to reply to me :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online