RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Congratulations! Can't waite to see pics of the babies!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Oh thank you so much for that mama pic with I see one :) dear girl did so good...

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Thank you everyone for all the sweet words of encouragement and support!! Sorry my posts are so sparatic. Momma is a champ and resting well and feeding her precious babies. I sure am proud of my girl!! Here's some more pics :)IMG_0572.JPGIMG_3515.JPGIMG_0575.JPGIMG_0570.JPG

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'm just in love... great colors and markings.... how neat for you and so glad mama is doing well... what a beautiful family..... it's a shame their taken,,, I think we each should get one :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
**QUESTION** The vet said that they left a placenta during her c section. They said they gave her a shot of oxytocin and she "should" deliver it in the next few days. I haven never heard of this. Have any of you? I'm kind of freaking out because the research I've done the results aren't good.

suzyrainbows

Apr 28, 2016
New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus and Chunk
**QUESTION** The vet said that they left a placenta during her c section. They said they gave her a shot of oxytocin and she "should" deliver it in the next few days. I haven never heard of this. Have any of you? I'm kind of freaking out because the research I've done the results aren't good.

I googled and this seems to be status quo if it doesn't come out itself. The oxytocin stimulates the uterus to expel it. If it doesn't come out in 2 days or has a green/smelly discharge, go back to the vet right away. Keep a close eye on your girl which I know you will <3

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
I googled and this seems to be status quo if it doesn't come out itself. The oxytocin stimulates the uterus to expel it. If it doesn't come out in 2 days or has a green/smelly discharge, go back to the vet right away. Keep a close eye on your girl which I know you will <3

Thank you!! You all really are the best!! Momma is doing great!! Eating, drinking and be the best mom ever!!IMG_0599.JPG

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
On a more fun note....Look at my big boy and my small girl ❤️️ I just love these babies so much!IMG_0594.JPG

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
I'm so glad you are as knowledgeable as you are as I wouldn't have known what to do... I'm so glad all is well and looking forward to pics... and you were right,,, she can do it on her own :) Proud of you all, and hope you now get some rest... which is I suppose somewhat of a joke for a bit... Oh bless your hearts... take care

Thank you for every sweet word of encouragement!! You all are great!! I'm trying to catch up on thanking everyone for cheering me and my girl on every step of the way ❤️️

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
This has been such a good experience, and part of that was knowing how your heart and mind were all in it for the best for your girl... that pic of your "big boy and small girl" is amazing... I wonder how that will play out :)

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
This has been such a good experience, and part of that was knowing how your heart and mind were all in it for the best for your girl... that pic of your "big boy and small girl" is amazing... I wonder how that will play out :)
I was honestly afraid to post about free whelping but I decided to share the journey in hopes for knowledge to both myself and others considering the same approach. Boy am I glad I did! You all have been amazing to me and I am so grateful!! Couldn't have had enough additional prayers either ;)
The little girl has a sister her same size, they were in the same horn as her brothers and sister that passed away. Something went wrong, I'll never know exactly what happened but as my husband continues to tell me through my tears- count your blessings, not your losses. Thanks again for your support ❤️️

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
you all did great! and btw???? I don't see how on earth I could have even possibly missed how many girls vs boys??? but if I did,,,, whats the count :) and of course,,,, more pics :) and .... any placenta passing???

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
you all did great! and btw???? I don't see how on earth I could have even possibly missed how many girls vs boys??? but if I did,,,, whats the count :) and of course,,,, more pics :) and .... any placenta passing???
4 boys, 4 girls. 3 girls healthy and 2 boys healthy ❤️️ No placenta yet but momma is still great :)

Members online

No members online now.