sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Joey and I sending big bully hugs and prayers. Hope you AND mama Diamond are doing well !!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I hope everything turns out OK. Letting a bulldog whelp naturally is playing Russian Roulette with their life. I have heard too many horror stories of people loosing mom and pups from doing this. All it takes is one water puppy to get stuck and it goes down hill from there. I am a breeder myself and will never take a chance with my bitch or her pups to natural whelp. To me it's a cheap way out at the cost of their life. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you. Reminder, no new born pup pics allowed, as we do not promote pup sales here. Thanks

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Just wanted to update. Diamond is 61 days today and is doing great! I on the other hand haven't slept much in a few days. Temp is normal (100.0)- I think the drop I recorded was in feces because it didn't stay dropped. She now doesn't eat breakfast because I think she's too large. Sooooo,!we wait and wait and wait lol. Will update soon hopefully.

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
I hope everything turns out OK. Letting a bulldog whelp naturally is playing Russian Roulette with their life. I have heard too many horror stories of people loosing mom and pups from doing this. All it takes is one water puppy to get stuck and it goes down hill from there. I am a breeder myself and will never take a chance with my bitch or her pups to natural whelp. To me it's a cheap way out at the cost of their life. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you. Reminder, no new born pup pics allowed, as we do not promote pup sales here. Thanks
My number one goal in breeding the English Bulldog is to improve the breed. My belief is that the bitch should always be given the chance to not have to go through a cesarean section unless it be medically necessary. I do however schedule a c section just in case knowing the risk of the breed is still there. I've been doing this eleven years now and have followed all of the females produced by my bitches that have been bred and surprisingly the only c section to date was on one of my bitches and it was due to malpresentation. A water puppy however scares me because I know there's no way to expect or prevent it being a "common" thing in the bully breed. Another preventive measure taken is the stud is always noticeably smaller than the bitch which ups our free whelping chance in the bitch due to inheritibly smaller stud. I respect everyone's choice with their own bitch, I just prefer saving surgery for when it's necessary. All the while being prepared for the unexpected. Money has never been my reason for me choosing this breed. Avoiding a c section for me also isn't the cheap way out- I've already spent $1,000 in vet bills with just this litter to ensure the healthiest development and delivery for both momma and babies.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I salute you for giving the bitch the chance! In growing number breeders in Finland are doing it as weel with good results. No more moms are lost and it it so much better for the mom and the babies.

My number one goal in breeding the English Bulldog is to improve the breed. My belief is that the bitch should always be given the chance to not have to go through a cesarean section unless it be medically necessary. I do however schedule a c section just in case knowing the risk of the breed is still there. I've been doing this eleven years now and have followed all of the females produced by my bitches that have been bred and surprisingly the only c section to date was on one of my bitches and it was due to malpresentation. A water puppy however scares me because I know there's no way to expect or prevent it being a "common" thing in the bully breed. Another preventive measure taken is the stud is always noticeably smaller than the bitch which ups our free whelping chance in the bitch due to inheritibly smaller stud. I respect everyone's choice with their own bitch, I just prefer saving surgery for when it's necessary. All the while being prepared for the unexpected. Money has never been my reason for me choosing this breed. Avoiding a c section for me also isn't the cheap way out- I've already spent $1,000 in vet bills with just this litter to ensure the healthiest development and delivery for both momma and babies.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We all pray for your girl and coming babies! Hope she will be ok and you will have you bundle of happiness soon! How exciting!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=16970]Chellesdiamond[/MENTION] GOOD MORNING!! How is everything today? Mama Diamond doing well? You? Joey and I still sending bully hugs and prayers!!

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
[MENTION=16970]Chellesdiamond[/MENTION] GOOD MORNING!! How is everything today? Mama Diamond doing well? You? Joey and I still sending bully hugs and prayers!!

Good morning!! Diamond is sawing logs as we speak :) I'm anxious to take her temp when she wakes!! Thank you so very much for the well wishes :). I slept a few hours to her snores lol.
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] thank you!! I will keep everyone updated!! Thanks again :)
[MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] Thank you :)

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Good morning!! Diamond is sawing logs as we speak :) I'm anxious to take her temp when she wakes!! Thank you so very much for the well wishes :). I slept a few hours to her snores lol.
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] thank you!! I will keep everyone updated!! Thanks again :)
[MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] Thank you :)

Good to hear! Keep us posted please, we're so excited for you and Diamond :)

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] I have a quick question for you. I know I can't post pictures of the babies when they arrive due to forum rules. I was wondering if I can post a picture of the little girl we're keeping?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Absolutely. We love pics of bullies and especially bully babies :) This here is my youngest (not my breeding) and I wouldn't sell her for million dollars :no: EBN is not a market place for bullies or anything else, so rules on that are strict.

DSC_0993.jpg

@RiiSi I have a quick question for you. I know I can't post pictures of the babies when they arrive due to forum rules. I was wondering if I can post a picture of the little girl we're keeping?

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Absolutely. We love pics of bullies and especially bully babies :) This here is my youngest (not my breeding) and I wouldn't sell her for million dollars :no: EBN is not a market place for bullies or anything else, so rules on that are strict.

View attachment 104727

Great!! Thank you!! I already have homes for the babies. Word spread of my litter and amazingly everyone who has a pup from my previous litters will get one. 2 babies will have 10 year old siblings from my very first litter. Sooo exciting for me to see my hard work progress :). Your babies are all so beautiful!! I just love the bullies!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

View attachment 104727

Curious, not that I breed or ever plan on it :) just to understand NO PHOTOS of newborn EBD liters are allowed? Even if poster is simply sharing and not selling? Me personally would LOVE to see the new puppy photos, should I just request via PM ? Just want to follow the rules :)

PS [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] Your "youngest" is ADORABLE! What a face!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great!! Thank you!! I already have homes for the babies. Word spread of my litter and amazingly everyone who has a pup from my previous litters will get one. 2 babies will have 10 year old siblings from my very first litter. Sooo exciting for me to see my hard work progress :). Your babies are all so beautiful!! I just love the bullies!!

View attachment 104727

Actually, you can post pictures of the babies, but you can not place kennel or breeder names on the photos or in anyway show/indicate you are selling them. Those are the type restricted and will be removed.

Just post the beautiful photos so we can all oh, awe and fawn over them :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.