Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bully babies are on their way soon!!

Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bully babies are on their way soon!!

**QUESTION** The vet said that they left a placenta during her c section. They said they gave her a shot of oxytocin and she "should" deliver it in the next few days. I haven never heard of this. Have any of you? I'm kind of freaking out because the research I've done the results aren't good.

Real Name
    Suzy
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus and Chunk
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chellesdiamond View Post
    **QUESTION** The vet said that they left a placenta during her c section. They said they gave her a shot of oxytocin and she "should" deliver it in the next few days. I haven never heard of this. Have any of you? I'm kind of freaking out because the research I've done the results aren't good.
    I googled and this seems to be status quo if it doesn't come out itself. The oxytocin stimulates the uterus to expel it. If it doesn't come out in 2 days or has a green/smelly discharge, go back to the vet right away. Keep a close eye on your girl which I know you will <3

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by suzyrainbows View Post
    I googled and this seems to be status quo if it doesn't come out itself. The oxytocin stimulates the uterus to expel it. If it doesn't come out in 2 days or has a green/smelly discharge, go back to the vet right away. Keep a close eye on your girl which I know you will <3
    Thank you!! You all really are the best!! Momma is doing great!! Eating, drinking and be the best mom ever!!-img_0599-jpg

5. Likes cefe13, sisters3 liked this post
    Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

On a more fun note....Look at my big boy and my small girl ❤️️ I just love these babies so much!-img_0594-jpg

7. Likes sisters3 liked this post
    Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    I'm so glad you are as knowledgeable as you are as I wouldn't have known what to do... I'm so glad all is well and looking forward to pics... and you were right,,, she can do it on her own Proud of you all, and hope you now get some rest... which is I suppose somewhat of a joke for a bit... Oh bless your hearts... take care
    Thank you for every sweet word of encouragement!! You all are great!! I'm trying to catch up on thanking everyone for cheering me and my girl on every step of the way ❤️️

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

This has been such a good experience, and part of that was knowing how your heart and mind were all in it for the best for your girl... that pic of your "big boy and small girl" is amazing... I wonder how that will play out

Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

This has been such a good experience, and part of that was knowing how your heart and mind were all in it for the best for your girl... that pic of your "big boy and small girl" is amazing... I wonder how that will play out
    I was honestly afraid to post about free whelping but I decided to share the journey in hopes for knowledge to both myself and others considering the same approach. Boy am I glad I did! You all have been amazing to me and I am so grateful!! Couldn't have had enough additional prayers either
    The little girl has a sister her same size, they were in the same horn as her brothers and sister that passed away. Something went wrong, I'll never know exactly what happened but as my husband continues to tell me through my tears- count your blessings, not your losses. Thanks again for your support ❤️️

11. Likes cefe13, sisters3 liked this post
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

you all did great! and btw???? I don't see how on earth I could have even possibly missed how many girls vs boys??? but if I did,,,, whats the count and of course,,,, more pics and .... any placenta passing???

Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

you all did great! and btw???? I don't see how on earth I could have even possibly missed how many girls vs boys??? but if I did,,,, whats the count and of course,,,, more pics and .... any placenta passing???
    4 boys, 4 girls. 3 girls healthy and 2 boys healthy ❤️️ No placenta yet but momma is still great

Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

-img_3515-jpg-img_0589-jpg-img_0575-jpg-img_0598-jpg-img_0596-jpg

15. Likes RiiSi, 2BullyMama, cefe13, sisters3 liked this post
    Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

I forgot to add that my sweet Diamond had 5.25 pounds of babies total. That's a lot!! Glad it's over for her!! I'm obsessing over the babies that died and keep beating myself up about if there was more I could have done. My family is an unbelievable support system for me and I know I gave my all!! Just sucks

17. Likes sisters3 liked this post
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

I can imagine how you feel, but hope to offer you condolence knowing you did all there was to be done... Don't know if those are the words I'm meaning, but I think no mater what was done, this is what was to be.. It had to break your heart to pieces, but you need to be overjoyed at what is there before you.. enjoy, and thanks for obliging us with pics... I was watching on youtube some puppy pics and ohhhhhh how much fun your in for... I know you've been blessed to do before, but your in for it someore now lucky fam, baby bulldogs

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Remove Ads