Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Hello everyone!! My name is Michelle and my bully princess is Diamond. Diamond is 58 days pregnant today. She was AI'd January 18th and 19th. We got a positive blood and ultrasound at 30 days. She also had her X ray on day 50 of her pregnancy which revealed 8 or more babies 😱 As you all may know this is a large litter for the English bulldog. This is also her first. She will be 2 April 18th. She is very large as you can imagine and is full of milk. I noticed the first temperature drop last night at 11pm which was 99.6- her average temperature has been 100.5. Today at 8am temp was 99.4 and at 11am it was 99.0. She has also went off food and has a crystal clear mucous every time she urinates. I expect the first stages of labor to begin this evening. She comes from a free whelping mother and the goal is to avoid surgery if possible. BUT, I know that it isn't always possible with bulldogs. This will be my 4th unassisted litter of English bulldogs and I have educated myself to the point of making myself crazy. My vet is open 24 hours and is less than a half mile from our home and a c section is already scheduled just in case. With all of that being said...I believe that one can never have enough knowledge and I welcome stories, advice or just sharing my story to possibly help others. Oh, Mom and dad were both health tested and cleared and I have a very experienced mentor helping me. Every dog is different but again, any advice is VERY welcomed!!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Wow, you are a tough cookie! Fourth litter of babies unassisted! I wish you all the best and lots of health and strength to your Diamond girl!

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Wow, you are a tough cookie! Fourth litter of babies unassisted! I wish you all the best and lots of health and strength to your Diamond girl!

Lol, thanks so much! I'm admittedly a bundle of nerves because my Diamond is precious to me! We will also be keeping a little girl- "Dixie". I just can't wait and thank you for the well wishes!! And your Tank is an absolute price!! That picture is so stinking cute!!

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Lol, thanks so much! I'm admittedly a bundle of nerves because my Diamond is precious to me! We will also be keeping a little girl- "Dixie". I just can't wait and thank you for the well wishes!! And your Tank is an absolute price!! That picture is so stinking cute!!

*Prince, thanks autocorrect ��

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
omg I am now a bundle of nerves :)))) how exciting and *frightening*!!!!!!!!!!! I had one litter with my shih Tzu and never again and everything went perfectly!!! lol I'm just tooooo nerve fragile now a days so this is so wonderful to have a very well educated birth on the way that we get to be sidliners with.... thanks for sharing.... will be 'im' patiently waiting for news :)

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
omg I am now a bundle of nerves :)))) how exciting and *frightening*!!!!!!!!!!! I had one litter with my shih Tzu and never again and everything went perfectly!!! lol I'm just tooooo nerve fragile now a days so this is so wonderful to have a very well educated birth on the way that we get to be sidliners with.... thanks for sharing.... will be 'im' patiently waiting for news :)
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] it's exciting for me to be able to share with fellow bulldog owners that can appreciate their unique (yet awesome) breed! I will try and keep everyone posted!

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond

:2thumbs: Good Luck to you. Hope Everything turns
Here she is, soaking up the sun. She's at peace. Hope to see these babies healthy and momma with no trouble.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 250

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Diamond will make your proud! Cant wait to see the photos of these little bambinos!

Keep us posted how itvwent and how Diamond is doing!!! Enjoy the ride!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh what a beautiful beautiful girl!!! so exciting :)

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Thank you everyone!! I sure love that little girl!! We now have mucous without peeing and her temp dropped to 97.7 �� SOON!!

OP
C
Mar 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Just wanted to update, sorry for the delay. No babies yet. Looks like Diamond will do this on her time. Will update soon hopefully.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online