Looking for Reputable Breeders

Hstead

Nov 14, 2012
Ironton OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Spielman (RIP) Bolt
Well, we are going to get another bulldog probably around May-June. I have been researching a lot again, searching for a good breeder and ran across the "new" to me anyway "exotic colors". At first we liked the looks of the lilac and blues, but then I started reading more about them and decided that is not the direction we want to go.

After our last experience, temperament is priority 1, health 1A, and then color, size, etc. I understand we are not here to promote breeders and also understand why, so if anyone wants to PM me with good or bad experiences and recommend a good breeder that focuses on health and temperament it would be greatly appreciated. I would imagine, actually would expect there to be some good breeders that are members here that could be helpful.

We live in southern-Ohio but I am willing to drive pretty far for the right breeder. When I say far, I would drive over 1000 miles and make a trip out of it. I do not want to "ship" a pup. I think we need to start looking and finding a breeder now to reserve a pup for May or June.

This place has been such a wealth of information and want to thank everyone up front. Who knows what I would have ended up with had I not read so much around here about a lot of different issues/topics.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
You can also fly and bring the puppy in the cabin. Bulldogs don't usually do well flying but I'm not sure if that is just because of horrible conditions in the hold. Others could chime in if they flew with their puppy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best if luck in your search... i love your approach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueenK

Apr 20, 2017
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
TANK
Hi, im new to this....we just purchased Tank a month ago. We are located in Indiana, so not far from you. If Kentucky is not too far Inbox me and i can tell you about the breeder he is from. :)

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
You can also fly and bring the puppy in the cabin. Bulldogs don't usually do well flying but I'm not sure if that is just because of horrible conditions in the hold. Others could chime in if they flew with their puppy.

There are several puppy nannies that hand carry the puppy in the cabin. The age and size is the issue so 9-12 weeks is about the limit. I had 6 flown in from Europe and S.Africa in cargo. All survived but was scary as H*ll. And I have had 3 hand carried by puppy nanies, and know of 5 others who have used puppy nannies. It's about $500 per trip.

Doing research is the right way and more than simply looking up and finding a listing. Calling, visiting, text, email, references (previous owners and vets).

Good Luck~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.