Mask
Dad carries
White
Tan
Blue
Chocolate
Pups turned out white black tan and blue
That being said are pups worth more being they have 4 colors

Not if the buyer doesn't use the pup for breeding. I know I wouldn't pay more cause the pup has blue or merle in his/her dna and buying pup as another colour. So I think you need a buyer that would use the pup to breed and hope pups comes out the colour they are wishing for. Nyala's mom n dad colours were together brown, black, white, tan and Nyala came out brindle and getting lighter as she ages. No one wanted her and she was 3 months old when I bought her. See, she's a cutie pie now. Lol

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
What about health tests? How did they score on those?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would be more concerned with the health and conformation, rather than color, although there are "breeders" who are concerned more with color-and charge more for "rare" colors,which may not even fit the AKC standards.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I'm always surprised when breeders try to ask more for certain "color" traits that aren't even the breed standard. I'm not saying a black/blue bully isn't still adorable, but it's not traditionally bred for -- at least that was my understanding. I agree you probably can't charge more just for being a carrier of certain colors unless you're selling to another breeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I would be more concerned with the health and conformation, rather than color, although there are "breeders" who are concerned more with color-and charge more for "rare" colors,which may not even fit the AKC standards.

Yep this. Sure people "may" want to pay more but I personally wouldn't. I'm currently getting my girl health tested and would only consider breeding if she passed everything and we paired her with a male that passed his health testing. And I'm not even interested in money, just helping create great HEALTHY baby bullies for loving families. I'm a huge fan of the "blue" color on any dog but I just wouldn't pay the price people want for them in a bulldog. Good luck finding them great homes!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online