Is an isolette a need?

EnglishKai

Feb 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kai
Hey all! Someone offered me a really nice isolette to buy. He got a great deal from his supplier and asked if I wanted one since Im just starting out.Is it a good thing to purchase? Worth the money? Whats a fair price? I have no idea, it sounds like a good idea but we have only had money going out, not coming in so we dont want to spend the money unless its a good investment.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
We don't use those at all in Finland, so imo it's not needed. If you're planning to let the mother be with the pups only at feeding time, then it may be a good idea, but I'm not a fan of that kind of breeding at all.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We don't use them either, and we don't let the pups stay with mama after they are finished eating. Some people use a heat lamp. We use IV bags that we warm in the microwave and wrap in towels so the pups will not get too hot, but stay warm. You just have to make sure the pups can in not way touch the bags themselves, it will burn them. I also keep a thermometer in the puppy crate to make sure it stays a constant warm temp.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online