First puppy litter/overwhelmed

EnglishKai

Feb 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kai
Hi helpful people :) A little back ground on our situation :) Kai is our first EB, this is also our first litter of puppies. We love our Kai so very much and are supper excited to be apart of this wonderful mommas adventure with her soon-to-be pups.

My question: With google giving me 100's of different answer's on what I need to have for these puppies to thrive once they are here, I would love to have a list from other experienced breeders of what is really needed?
Not asking for any of your secret tips or tricks, but what do I need to insure (as much as possible ) for the littles to be safe once they have come home? The vet has been great at prenatal advice and nutrition, and she is doing fabulous while pregnant, but after the pups are delivered? What arw the must haves to keep the pups safe, healthy and happy?
What supplies? Puppy crate/play pen? Incubator? Heat lamps? Food? Shots? Suppliments? Im so overwhelmed and I just want to make sure my pups are healthy. I do not want to loose one because of my lack of knowledge :/ TIA!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I have absolutely no experience but wanted to wish you and also good luck! Praying for happy healthy mama and babies and family. Can't wait to see baby pictures!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I will send you a pm with my website where I'm in process of writing a "book"....it has everything you will need to get started. Glad you're getting prepared!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] has you covered with her link.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
[MENTION=15510]EnglishKai[/MENTION] any update? How is Kai doing?

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
We always put the pups in a play pen with a heat blanket under a towel to keep them warm and kept the mom away except feeding time until they were bigger. I forget how often we fed them since its been 15 years or so since the last litter.

OP
E

EnglishKai

Feb 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kai
She is doing great! I found a great woman who has been breeding bullies for almost 20 years and has offered to help me with the first 3 weeks after the pups are born. :) So between her help and the advice on here, my pups have a great chance =) Thanks!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online