Katrina Bevan

Mar 3, 2016
Dunedin, New Zealand
Country
New Zealand
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi, I'm a real newbie to showing and in desperate need of some help and advice on what type of show lead and collar works best for Bulldogs please???
:unsure::help1::sos::help::anyone:

I need to find one ASAP for my beautiful Bella (4 months) as we are currently doing a show training course here in my small town in New Zealand. It's hard as she is only bulldog on course as they aren't very common here so not really easy to find someone to ask here. There isn't a show locally for while either unfortunately.

I'm happy to buy online from US and have sent over if needed... if anyone can help with recommendations I would be so so so grateful!!!
:2thumbs::bow::thanks:

Here's my baby girl
image.jpg
image.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi Katrina, welcome! Your baby girl is precious!!! I have no experience with showing but tagged some members who do & could help! Best of luck!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hi, welcome to EBN. Good luck at the show and let us know how she does.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beauty! Best of luck to you both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I use a snake chain with my boys, but they're big boys and I don't trust a thin leather one to hold. With most dogs and also some bullies people use something like in this next picture. With your princess it should be white since her neck is white. resco-show-lead.jpgJust google "show lead white leather" and I think you can just take your pick from there. Being a princess and so cute, maybe they have some with some bling-bling??? I would go for leather not fabric, she is a bulldog and even as small as she is the not so good ones can snap. Good luck in the show ring. I would reward her with BOB puppy for sure.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I use the nylon braided slip collars and matching leash. I also usually get a 3 foot leash, it makes it easier to roll up and hold in my hand. Several of my friends who also show use the same type of collars and leashes. I like to get one that is close to my dogs color, so it will not stand out. I want all the attention to be on the dog and not a flashy collar or leash. Here is a pic of them.

Show collar.jpg

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

I have been showing for several years now and have tried several different types. As with what type of collar works (slip chain, martingale, harness) for walking, find the right show collar takes time.

A puppy that is very well trained to walk by your side might do well with just a martingale/chain type. An older dog might need more control. TRAINING you dog outside the ring is where training starts. Once the fundamentals of "walk, stand, stay" are properly taught, doing the same in the ring is the easy part. I help my owners to learn the basics of pre-show training and tell them to spend time several times a day, a few minutes at a time, to get the basics learned.

Being confident in the ring is hard to do for the dog and the handler. EACH has to be confident.

Good Luck~
Have Fun - Be Confident

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.