Did I miss it???

EnglishKai

Feb 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kai
Hello! New here but I'll post on the new member board. But my first main question is did I miss her heat cycle?

Kai is a 2 yr old english bulldog (of course) and she has had a litter before. We've only recently had her for about 3 months and when I picked her up they said she should be coming into heat around the end of December. December came and went, January came and we did a test to check her levels which started to go up then went back down before going into full heat. And now it's February. Is this normal? I've read that EB are completely different than other dogs, so when I google I can't find any real answers. Is it something I can miss? Is it normal to skip a cycle? Any insite would be great. TIA

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
:welcome4:

First welcome to EBN [MENTION=15510]EnglishKai[/MENTION] .

I do not have an answer for you but I will tag @bullmama who can maybe assist with your question.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=1950]goobers mom[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
First off I hope she just recently had a litter being she is just 2 years old. They really should not be breed until after their third heat. Some can take a little longer to go into heat sometimes after they have pups, especially if they are young. They can also have a very light cycle, but you should have still known or seen something, like some swelling back there and some bleeding. Are you wanting to spay her after this heat? If so I would say go ahead and have it done.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online