My little Mutt is gooin to the show

raghu

Jan 7, 2015
India
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
yes my darling is going to a local show (on Sunday).

• she does not have rose ears (so what)
  • she has an undershot where her lower canines show (so what)
  • small head for 1 year old; technically (so what)
  • she does not stand/stay when instructed (so what)
  • she waddles (suspected Hip Dysplasia - 4 month X-ray hinted it)

But she will be able to walk a couple of miles; no sweat - lots of panting (if asked to; they will not)
That is what matters to me; she can compete and look tired out of shape (but asking for more)

This is her first show. Please wish her luck.

Thanks,
Raghu

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Best of luck Bella, you're a winner in our books not matter what! :yes:

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I took Henry to a fun show a few months ago. It was awesome. He is fixed, everyone kept calling him "she" haha! He had an excessive underbite and a very crooked jaw. None of this matters in a fun show. I didn't care anyway. He is my perfect baby. He was the best behaved dog in our class by far. I was shocked at this. I was even more shocked at the condition of some of the other dogs. Not bathed or brushed and some were so overweight. He got third in his class. I was so proud of my little darling and I can't wait til next year. Good luck and have a bunch of fun! image.jpeg This isn't a great picture and Clyde was trying real hard to get in it :) but you can see his crooked jaw pretty good. I love it, it's one of my favorite things. It's especially cute when he's begging or pouting.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Dear Raghu...Bella is a bulldog and that qualifies her as a winner.

Will she win a trophy...maybe not...it's a subjective thing, right?

Go...play...prance...compete...'Carpe' Diem'

Share pictures with us...Good luck, beautiful Bella!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
YOU GO GET EM , Bella Congrats m8

Looks Mean nothing My Prettyone tells me that all the time it is all about Being YOU Bella you teach em !

OP
raghu

raghu

Jan 7, 2015
India
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Two days of show training, she can do these:
1. Walk on leash
2. Stand/stay in one place

Good for her! Yes I'm celebrating mediocrity!!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Two days of show training, she can do these:
1. Walk on leash
2. Stand/stay in one place

Good for her! Yes I'm celebrating mediocrity!!

Well done not Mediocrity M8 Accomplishments big ones lol from your avatar she looks perfect to Me M8

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Good luck, Bella! You're a beauty!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best of luck pretty girl..... knock 'em dead!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Wishing you the best! You're such a great parent with the 'so what' beliefs! Kudos for being confident and loving her just the way she is!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Very exciting! Good luck and most of all enjoy! We all think she is a winner:yes: [MENTION=13485]raghu[/MENTION]

OP
raghu

raghu

Jan 7, 2015
India
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
We are back from the local show. It was an open show for all breeds and was held in Mysore (100 km from where I stay).
Good participation of various popular breeds (GSD, Rotties, Doberman, St. Bernard, Beagle)

Bella was the only English Bulldog at the show. So she was awarded Best-of-Breed (BoB) by default.
I was disappointed that we could not go up against another one of the breed. Would have liked to see more EBs.

How the day unfolded.
Got up at 4 am. Bella was all confused but excited as it was an hour earlier than her usual. She knew something was up.
Left at 6 am to be joined by 3 other dogs from her training group (Rottweiler, Tibetian Spaniel, Siberian Husky).
The car ride was 3 hours with one break in the middle to stretch legs and breakfast (human and canine).
Bella was really sporty for the first 30 mins of the ride; then she decided to sleep in her box. I have a padded carton box for her car travel.
It was the longest ride for her till date. Reached the venue and got her registered, check by the vet at show and picked up the badge/number.

The show began at 11:00 am. Bella's class was at 12:30 pm. Parked the car under a tree shade and left the windows open and let her rest.
At around 12:00 noon, she was hot and cooped. Took her for a short stroll to do her business and put her back in the car with A/C on.
She got a good reception in her class judging as she was the only EB. BoB awarded and we went to wait for the group judging (BoB winners of all molosser breeds).

In the group judging she was up against Doberman, Min-Pinscher, Rottweiler, Boxer, St. Bernard and a Pug. The Doberman won the Best of Group.
Bella had a lot of fun just strutting in the ring.

Then for the rest of the after she was in the car with Husky pal with A/C on and off intermittently. We had to wait until all her training friends finished their rounds.
At around 5:00 I got her out as it had cooled outside and my did she attract attention. She was like a page 3 celebrity and was acting the part.
The hilarious part was when people walked up to her, she wanted their attention. The moment one of them whipped out a camera/mobile, she would show turn and moon them.

The ride home was long and uneventful and Bella just slept most of the way, except for a snack and pee break.
All said, she took the whole day as it came, basked in the attention and competed in her first show.

Attached her some pics of her big day. Photo credit: my 12-year old boy.

Attachments

• IMG_1273.JPG
    IMG_1273.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1276.JPG
    IMG_1276.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1277.JPG
    IMG_1277.JPG