Thread: Breeder Question

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Breeder Question

What I have heard from some breeders is they don't like to show all of their puppies in fear of someone breaking into their homes or stealing them, which is not uncommon if you read some of the facebook post about puppies getting stolen. Think about it, you have 8 pups, all worth 2-3k each that's at minimum 16k you have sitting in your house. BUT!!!!!! yeah you should at least be able to see the mother if you asked.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I would be very leery too. First off, I would never allow anyone coming and seeing my pups that young. We welcome you to see them once they get older and preferably after their first set of shots. They should have at least let you see the mom, just because she has stitches from the C-session doesn't mean she can't walk. Something sounds fishy. We also will give a copy of the pedigree if people want to see it and enjoy showing our bullies off. We also ask questions to the new owners to make sure our pups are going to a good loving fur-ever home.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

3. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have a feeling this breeder didn't own the mom. Or maybe it was a co-owner situation. Either way, I don't think the mom was at her home.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

We have just gone thru the process of picking a pup again
    We saw the Mom she was present and she had had the pups 17 days previous she was a wonderful Mother and would also not leave Me alone so I had a glimpse of her personality there
    The male was not there as he was owned by another breeder but they did have pics
    I saw the kennel and nursery all part of there home in the basement nice and cool and clean but you could tell that it was used for the purpose it was meant for
    They showed Me all of there paper work CKC ect ect of the male and Mother
    Once we got down to picking a pup they wanted to know and see pics of our past EB,s and any pics we have of our home , they also before our visit wanted to know which breeder we had purchased from before and were friend with them it turned out .
    I am sorry I would walk or run away from that particular breeder if I had even a hint that something was not sitting right with Me gone poof ......

6. Likes Texas Carol, Manydogs liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@k71899 Just re-reading this post, and personally, I think you got lucky,missing out on a pup from this "breeder". Don't go back there. Very "fishy".
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

8. Likes jenzaar liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads