Would love some advise please r

Sampeppa

Apr 18, 2015
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Peppa
Hi all

Not sure how this work sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place but after some advice.

My English bull dog is just over 2 and we throught we would try putting her in pup. She was AI with a well known breader. We took her to the vets 3 times now for a scan but notingsthere. But she has gained over 1kg and has not eaten any more( less than normal) walked more due to light nights and has started to get bigger nipples/ boobs. No milk yet. The vets has now xrayed her as wanted to be sure there are no pups. They found a heart beat inside her but said they couldn't see any bone structer , they also stated they haven't seen this before as there is a heart beat. They normal see featus but no heart beat . Has anyone had this as they have gave me the Option to leave her go natural or have a C section. From her dates she will be due in about 5 day

Any advise would be great full

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh WOW… I'm not an breeder, we only had one litter. I will tag some members w/more experience… please keep us posted!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
If she is due in 5 days, they should be able to see pups with an ultrasound. Plus I would never let my bully have a natural whelp, always C-session, no since taking a chance.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I have no idea, have never had puppies... but my parents dog used to get "fake" pregnant after her heat, but if your vet can see a heartbeat that is probably not what's going on... Would be good if they could find out for sure so you can book a C-section for her. There is always a risk breeding your dog so I would make sure the vet has time on her due date, and also make sure your vet knows bulldogs as they have special needs. Hope all goes well<3 let us know.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Weird. Sometimes they can put on weight as well as the nipples thing with a false pregnancy
The heart beat would suggest there's a pup there, does your vet have bulldog knowledge ? Was it an experienced member of staff who done the ultrasound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
I would ask for an x-ray since you are saying the vet said a heart beat was detected.

Members online

No members online now.