Pregnant? How do I kno..?? Help!

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Hey Everyone! So Faith just had her first period cycle at the end of December.. she stopped bleeding almost two weeks ago. And about the same time she stopped bleeding her nipples started popping out. I just assumed she was becoming a little woman and it was because of her period. Lol! Wellll.. my mom seems to be convinced she's pregnant because right about the time she stopped bleeding her nipples just kept getting bigger and bigger and starting to hang a bit. I've never had experience with pregnant doggies OR with a female dog who wasnt spayed. so i'm starting freak a bit. But I think she's wayy to young to be pregoz? How do I know if she is or isn't and if this is normal? Thankssss!! :yes:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Are you trying to get her pregnant? Was she unsupervised during her heat cycle around any males? Faith is EB, right? You really have to be careful letting this breed mate naturally. I guess...we need more information.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It is normal for the nipples to get larger after a heat cycle. Unfortunately you probably will not know if she is pregnant until 6 weeks, but if you think she might be you should go to the vet and get on a prenatal care plan. Assuming your dog cannot get pregnant on the first heat cycle is not correct. If they can go into heat, they can get pregnant. I know you are worried, but don't get too worked up just yet. Sounds like the biggest concern here is if she was left alone unsupervised with a male who is in tact, during her heat cycle, then your chances are pretty high.

Also, I am going to move this topic to breeder's discussion. You will probably need much more advice.

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Yea, she's an EB [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION].. We dont want to breed them now, but maybe in two years or so. We never left her and Chelios alone or unsupervised and when we were gone we locked them in seperate rooms. But I started freaking out cuz her boobies are getting big and I was told that her getting prenant could happen in a second and maybe it happen when I turned my back for a second or something? But if you say its normal [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] then I wont freak out too much!
Hahahahaha! Dog Pregnant test kits tooo funny!! It would help a lot if they had those && easy! lol! Your too funny [MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION]

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Hopefully...everything will work out okay. Keep us informed. I hope my first post didn't sound :down: I was just posting what came to mind and decided it would be better to know more information before I continued. Once I read what I posted..I was thinking......."Man, you sound witchy".

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Keep us posted, and stay calm until you know for sure. Just in case I would get her on a supplement right away!

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Oooh no, no worries [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]! Not witchy at all.. I should of elaberated more. But Thank Yoou! :)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Not sure if she is pregnant but for my beagle Loki, after and during her first and only cycle, her nipples did get bigger. So is fixed now, we had got her at 5 months and within just a couple weeks, before we had a chance to spay her, she went into heat. Hopefully that is all is is!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have no idea. I have never bred a dog or any animal. Keep us informed of any shot-gun weddings in the future. :p

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
Chances are she is not. It is very hard for a bulldog to mate on their own because of theri big chests. Sometimes you won't know at all till she is due! You have to take her when she is about 25 days and have her ultrasounded. It is not expensive at all. Here we pay $25. There is a very good chance she will need a c section even if there is only one because if there is only 1 or 2 they could be very large. Please take her to your vet and get an ultrasound or x ray to be sure. You wouldn't want to lose her if she couldn't welp them on her own. Then you could be talking thousands of dollars on an emergency c section. Good luck with your girl.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.