Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Breeding using 2 studs

I don't know much about breeding but I do know that there is a slim risk for infection during insemination and it might also be stressful for the female. If you don't do insemination and let them mate normally I'd be careful too as the female could possibly be sore from previous time and not even want to mate since she already did. I would personally go for the best suited male, the one that together with the female would better the breed, the one with the best hips, the one that has the best temperament, breathing and seems healthiest over all.

Me and my husband once went to a very respected Boerboel breeder here in South Africa, she explained how she chooses males for her females. Not always is the best male and female the best for bettering the breed, no dog is perfect, but she breeds to get the best out of both male and female regarding health, temperament and looks.

Breeding is such a big responsibility, it's your females health and sometimes life that's at stake. I would not use two different males, I've never heard of anyone who does and I spend quite a lot of time reading about it as I often times try to make people around me rethink when they say they want to breed their dog "just because". Here in South Africa we have a huge amount of unwanted dogs in rescues

I'm writing this with the best of intentions, I want things to go well for you and most of all for your bulldog and possible puppies
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member Ad0rabull's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gabrielle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Millie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    I don't know much about breeding but I do know that there is a slim risk for infection during insemination and it might also be stressful for the female. If you don't do insemination and let them mate normally I'd be careful too as the female could possibly be sore from previous time and not even want to mate since she already did. I would personally go for the best suited male, the one that together with the female would better the breed, the one with the best hips, the one that has the best temperament, breathing and seems healthiest over all.

Me and my husband once went to a very respected Boerboel breeder here in South Africa, she explained how she chooses males for her females. Not always is the best male and female the best for bettering the breed, no dog is perfect, but she breeds to get the best out of both male and female regarding health, temperament and looks.

Breeding is such a big responsibility, it's your females health and sometimes life that's at stake. I would not use two different males, I've never heard of anyone who does and I spend quite a lot of time reading about it as I often times try to make people around me rethink when they say they want to breed their dog "just because". Here in South Africa we have a huge amount of unwanted dogs in rescues

I'm writing this with the best of intentions, I want things to go well for you and most of all for your bulldog and possible puppies

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

I am no breeder and do not know CKC. Ours pups came with AKC papers. We filled them out and sent them in. If a pup is CKC are they discounts at a third of the normal price? A buddy of mine is interested in buying a Bulldog but not in the position to spend $2500-$3000 price. He will be glad to know this is an option.
    Last edited by RalphieBoy; 01-18-2015 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Hit post twice

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

If ckc means the Canadian kennel club the standards are similar if not the same as akc

sent from my droid mini

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It's not the Canadian kennel club, it's the continental kennel club.
    Quick question, does AKC allow this practice?

Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly May Giggles, Mister Moe Wrinkles, Lil' Miss Jitterbug Wiggles and Calling All Angels Trudeaux
    Likes (Received)

Petra I do inseminate, my bully's are not those that breed naturally. Insemination makes it easier for everyone and like you said, you run less risk for infections. Yes, NYCBullymama, AKC does allow this practice just at a higher cost for registration. RalphieBoy, in my opinion the quality of the dog makes no difference whether they are registered AKC, CKC, NKC or any others. I charge $1500 + for my babies just because that is average in my area. All breeders are different, and believe me I have seen and heard of some pretty shady things that breeders do. I just want others to be able to experience the love of a Bully as we all have. I am not out to make a quick buck, and always make sure my babies are going to good families who are going to love them just as we do.

Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly May Giggles, Mister Moe Wrinkles, Lil' Miss Jitterbug Wiggles and Calling All Angels Trudeaux
    Likes (Received)

-2014-03-23-002-007-jpg-2014-03-18-001-003-jpg First picture is one of my males and second picture is my female on the left and my other male on the right. Which male would you pick for the next breeding?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads