Matrix Bulldogs, Jacksonville, FL selling sick puppies

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Here's a better idea Bulldog3684 - instead of worrying about all the bad word of mouth you're receiving because of your poor breeding practices, why don't you do the right thing and stop breeding all together or do so responsibly?

No agreement between you and Bella's Mom means you are still not breeding and selling extremely unhealthy animals.

Puppies are not commodities, they are living and feelings animals, and Bella's Mom's incident is clearly not isolated. A quick search of the internet indicates there are many others you sold sick puppies to, people whose heart is too big to let them die, despite their conditions and vet bills.

I can't calculate the bad karma that results in doing what you're doing to people - financially and emotionally - not to mention the the poor animals, but it will not go on indefinitely. Especially now that the word is out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am wondering why Bella's Mom has been singled out here, when clearly there is more than one person who has posted a complaint in this thread?

The staff is watching this topic and will remove ALL POSTS that break forum rules. I suggest anyone who wants to post on the subject to be careful with the words you choose.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am being singled out because I am the only one that didn't hide behind an alias. He knows I named by puppy Bella and that she has congenital conditions. Funny thing is that for the past 5 months I have been a volunteer with EPI4dogs.com to help get the word out about Bella's disease. So many pups are just put down because of the lack of knowledge. I have been assigned to Florida (my home state) and Colorado (due to lack of volunteers) In this position I have taken on the responsibility to contact rescues, shelters, vets and sites like this to get the word out and watch for possible pups with this condition. In none of these e-mails, flyers or conversations have I volunteered Bella's breeder name or town. In fact our local TV station and news paper will not do any segment on it with out mentioning Bella and I have declined. They say that they would need to put a human aspect to it to get people to listen, but getting the breeder out there is not my intention. Getting the info about EPI is. I have since "found" and helped two dogs. However in my adventure I have found so many complaints I realized that Bella is not an isolated case and yes, I post on the other posts. If that is bad-mouthing someone by addressing other members issues and trying to help, well so be it.

I sent him an e-mail and his response didn't give me any more answers to the questions I already have. I just want everyone to know, for the record, that if you read my post, I did not confirm anything others are suggesting. I just mentioned what I had heard and gave suggestions to those who wanted help.

Congenital issues happen, they can not be controlled in most respects. However I just feel it has gone beyond being a fluke....That is my last word.

lolazmom

Aug 4, 2010
So, i tried to upload this information yesterday but he took it off, probrably because i emailed him and he freaked out...lol! He calls himself michelle or marissa now but do NOT be fooled by this guy he has a new site. After searching for pups on google i came across his new site, and did some background checks on it! He has now moved from .com to .net to hide himself!!! This guy is just wrong! Here is some helpful info i found! I also did some screen shots of his new site in case he tried to take it down again like he did the other 3 sites he had!!! HIS NEW SITE IS!

www.myenglishbulldogpuppies.NET

He thought he could get away with it but since he is so "clever" he decided to transfer the same website he had on 5starbulldogs to his new site, but o wait wait wait, he thinks he can get away with it because its a .NET account! HA! Here is his info & Pictures...

Domain name: myenglishbulldogpuppies.net

Registrant Contact:

Brook Roque ()

Fax:
2720 cold creek
jax, florida 32221
US

Administrative Contact:

Brook Roque ([email protected])
+1.9046074488
Fax:
2720 cold creek
jax, florida 32221
US

Technical Contact:

Brook Roque ([email protected])
+1.9046074488
Fax:
2720 cold creek
jax, florida 32221
US

HIS PAGE NOW READS.....

Welcome to My English Bulldog Puppies! Thanks for visiting our site. We look forward to providing you with a beautiful English Bulldog, and a friend for life. Our English Bulldogs are excellent examples of the breed and are well socialized at our home in Jacksonville, Florida.
We are an AKC English Bulldog breeder located in Jacksonville in the great state of Florida! We have been responsibly and succesfully breeding English Bulldog Puppies for over seven years. We breed for superior health and a loving temperament. We carefully screen our English Bulldog puppies for health, attitude and appearance. All of our puppies comes with a one year health guarantee. Please email and or call us to set up an appointment to see our available puppies. If you do not see pictures of puppies that you like, please email or call us, we have puppies available through other reputable breeders. Our Goal is to provide you with a loving, healthy companion and we would love to help you locate your next best friend.

HEY BROOK WORD OF ADVICE HERE - YOU MAY SELL TO GREAT PEOPLE, BUT YOU DONT SELL GREAT DOGS!

PS - I TOOK PHOTOS OF THIS GUYS WEBSITE IN CASE ANY OF YOU READ THIS AFTER HE SHUTS IT DOWN. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE IT AGAINST HIM IN CASE ANY OF YOU ARE TAKING YOUR PERSONAL CASES FORWARD PLEASE EMAIL ME AND I WILL EMAIL YOU THE PROOF.

r_seiler35

Aug 5, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Jesse
I too have recently purchased a puppy from this breeder. I was wondering you could email me the info you have to possibly use it against him. My email is [email protected]

This is GREATLY appreciated! Thank you

Ronnie

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
And why exactly do you need information to "use it against him"? Is your puppy sick? If so then you can use that info, if not then you don't need to do anything "against him"

Just consider yourself blessed to have a wonderful healthy puppy. There are a lot of animals out there in need of help, all types, all breeds .....These stories posted here are just a very small percentage of what is going on everywhere, but since they are our stories and there is a connection, they are important to us.

melanie

Aug 6, 2010
N.Florida (Perry)
Bulldog(s) Names
ZEEK & STANLEY
I myself responded to an ad on Craigslist from this same breeder only to be warned by another of her similar situation
however I continued my search and I did find a bully and I was completely misled into thinking she was healthy and SPAYED just needed
TLC because the previous owner used her as a breeding machine.... well they wanted to meet me instead of going to their home that should
have been the first sign, then when i got there she looked like she JUST had puppies, there words she will tighten up! and she was NOT spayed, they didnt have time
so until I get her spayed I cant have her papers... well I wasnt gonna leave her, one look at her and she stole my heart! They were supposed to fax her prior
vacc records, never happened.... they know NOTHING ABOUT HER they just have papers, I was told she was 5 yrs old well shes gonna be 6 in Dec..
SORRY MY POINT IS YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL ADS ARE MISLEADING, SOME PEOPLE USE OUR BULLY GIRLS THEN DUMP THEM WHEN THEY GET SICK, ITS REALLY SAD:(

OP
K

kajaffe

Mar 15, 2010
I rescued a bully that was from Matrix, it had parvo. After $2000 in medical bills, he is doing well now. However, he is long legged; not show quality by any means - doesn't matter to us.
Since you live in Jacksonville, you need to file a complaint. I was told that the state of Florida has a "lemon law" for dogs, like it does cars. Many people don't have the funds to fight this guy because they live out of state. But since you live in the same city; it couldn't be easier for you to take him to court. Please check it out.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
I was sent the Florida Laws by another local breeder. I posted it here on this site. I know what I am entitled to, but Brooke and I have an agreement. He is to refund my money in October. He said he would do that rather than a replacement since Bella has ongoing health issues that are very expensive.
I did not purchase Bella for show at all, otherwise I would have gone somewhere and pay more the twice the amount. She is a pet, a spoiled one at that. Enjoy your baby.

ohiostatebulldogs

Jul 23, 2010
Wooster Ohio , USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Shug Knight of OSB , Santini of OSB, and Mercedes of OSB
True to all of this ...I hate brokers and puppy stores. I give the local puppy store grief all the time, I can see it in their eyes when they see me! lol no pups need to be sold that way...they are the front line of the puppy mills!

allforbullies

Aug 29, 2010
I purchased a bulldog puppy from Matrix and it developed congenital issues leaving the poor thing unable to walk. I filed a formal complaint with the State agricultural department and with the better business beaurue. I also had a certified letter given to him and a written aggreement that he was going to reimburse me the medical costs that the puppy has incured. But 2 years later I still have not recieved any form of reimbersment or communication from him. He is just out to to make a supply chain of poorly bread bulldogs for quantity and not quality. This is just a shame......

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
I will say that Brook and I met this weekend and worked out our agreement with the "refund" or "replacement" what ever you would consider it. He got to see Bella and we talked about her condition, he was very cordial and it was a very pleasant experience.

pblount77

Dec 5, 2010
I too have recently purchased a bully from this guy. I wish I would have done my research. 1 day after returning home with my boy, he begins coughing. After not being able to contact the breeder, and the cough getting worse, I took the little guy to the Vet. The vet said he could have an upper resp. infection, or a collapsed trachea. It sucks listening to him coughing now non stop. Tonight I was about to lose it, and I called the owner. He told me he would be willing to work something out. He is going to supply some meds that he is sure will clear it up. If it doesn't he said he would replace the pup.

Believe it or not , my last bully was bought by a very reputable breeder, who is a member of the bulldog club of America. That dog had absolutely no problems until late in life. I just want a healthy pup, and I feel that holding up my end of a purchase should afford me that right. The reviews and complaints I have read are just sickening. I hope I can get my boy healthy, because right now he's miserable.

NASTYNATI

May 26, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Wimbley
I have reason to believe that Brook and his girlfriend/wife Kassie are operating under this website now Grand Bulldogs - Home
he used to post ad's on Hoobly Free Classifieds under the pet classified section and it seems they are doing that now. The add screams brook and one of his dirty little scams. They claim they have been breeding for over 7 years on every site. They always claim the parents being on the premises’, which I found to be a complete scam.
At first I was in denial about being scammed, but then I began to investigate. The female he claimed to be the mother of my dog was only 7 months old at the time my pup was born according to AKC. if I’m not mistaking that would have made the pup very young/too young to produce a litter. And if not the photos of the dogs we were shown were both well into adulthood (easily 3-4 years of age) I emailed several times asking for explanation, photos of the dogs, ages etc. and he always responded "look dude if you want to talk about MY DOGS, you can call me. but when I would call the coward wouldn’t pick up the phone"
This guy and his lady are both crooks and need to be shut down. funny thing is, he used to advertise he sold a dog from the same litter mine came from to Ernest Wilford Jr. former Jacksonville Jaguars player and had pictures of the two of them on his website for advertising. If only someone get in touch with him, he has plenty of money to sue this clown and to keep him from ever selling or touching a dog ever again.

Dec 23, 2010
This is the same guy. Unfortunatley we didn't research enough and although we didn't buy our dog directly from him..we discovered our pup did come from him (that is a whole different thread). Our pup died today @ 15weeks old. We are devestated and after calling this "Brooke" to confront him about the pup we had been sold...he sent us a pic of another pup he has for sale...that puppy is on the site Grand Bull Dogs. So yes this is the same guy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.