Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi Margie!

Have you read this page? http://www.englishbulldognews.com/Breeding_Information.html

It is really VERY IMPORTANT that you have someone in your area who can mentor you. That is the #1 thing, because if you do not have experience with this, it is very trying, emotional, heartbreaking sometimes, and difficult. Do you have a breeder who can help you? I could not have done it without PaxRomana, Hedricks, DRB, and a few other breeder friends I met that do not have "Breeder Names". Also, make sure you have plenty of $$$ to invest. Definately read that link I posted, it is worth your time to read it.

Good luck! :)

Mugzilla

Mar 24, 2010
southern bell
Bulldog(s) Names
www.myspace.com/queenlatillyjo
hey there margiesmommy :) good for you for wanting to breed responsibly.

the first thing i would suggest in responsible breeding is having the male and female you intend on breeding examined, tested, x-rayed, etc by a vet to ensure they are heathly and do not possess genetic health issues that they might pass onto to puppies. that's the first key in breeding responsibly--ensuring that the dogs you breed will IMPROVE the breed, not continue to contribute bad health issues.

if you don't have both the male and female-the second thing to do would be to find a healthy mate who has also been tested for everything to ensure he/she is healthy and will also produce pups that will improve the breed. i'd highly recommend finding a male or female (whichever you might be looking for to breed with) with a great pedigree and a reputible breeder-known for breeding responsibly. that breeder and you will hopefully form a good working relationship, and together, produce a healthy litter of pups that improve and promote this incredible breed :)

i think desertsky's suggestions should be able to help you out from there :)

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Did you find the link helpful that desertskybulldogs posted Margiesmommy? Let me know if you have any other questions. There is just so much to it. :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.