To dock or not to dock???

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
yes, it is at least an inch and a half deep. but she is good about having me clean it. she will sit on my foot and turn and look at me as if so say ok mom fix it, and she will follow me into the bath room and let me clean and Gold Bond it.

PukaMiniBulldogs

Mar 18, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Mai, Tai, and Tiki
You do not dock EB's tails. They come from the factory that way. Per AKC standards you just don't do it. There's no need.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
docking here in the uk is now not legal,but why would a breeder want to dock a bulldogs tail anyway?obviously if the tail is so bad as to be detremental to the dog then thats a different problem altogether ,but standards do not dictate tail docking, even if the dog has a tail that isnt standard that still doesnt warrant docking,karen

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Nope, never would do it to any dog. I think it is unnecessary and just too painful for the dog unless there is a health issue that warrants a tail removal.

Besides, longer tails are no big deal!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

As pointed out above, the point scale is 4 points out of 100. if you are showing, make sure you only have the best dogs possible to show or take your chances. The competetion is for NATURAL conformation, NOT cosmetic. This is NOT Holllywood Blvd beauty contest.
Qualtiy puppies come from quality parents. you can't breed quality if you don't start with quality. We were (and still are) Arabian breeders and showers for 25 years. The rare few times when someone surgically altered a horse, they got caught and suspended!
I hope dog show judges can tell when surgery has been done.
Also as posted, unless it is a medical issue, leave it alone.

Good Day~
just my 2 cents....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.