Flea medicines after AI

Sweetpea

Nov 5, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Grim, Sweetpea, and Princess Leia
Can you give frontline, nexgard, any type of flea medicine after getting your dog artificially insemenated? Also wondering about heartgard too.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm not sure if its okay to give any flea medications or any other medications after AI, I don't have any experience with this, but I wonder if it would be the same precautions as a woman taking certain medications after becoming pregnant, I'm not sure if these medications would be safe for the puppies, should she get pregnant. Have you asked your vet if this is safe and okay? Maybe someone who has experience with breeding their bullies would know the answer, and hopefully someone will come along soon to give you advice. I would ask your vet though, as he would know if it was safe or not.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I really don't know about this, but I will tag some members that can help...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with [MENTION=7173]tyree213[/MENTION]

Absolutely NO chemicals or medications unless you first consult with your vet. This includes medicated wrinkle cleaners and wipes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree, always ask your vet first before giving any meds that weren't prescribed, especially since she may be pregnant.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We don't use the flea meds at all on ours, but I wouldn't use them on a bitch that is nursing pups. We do give our pregnant and nursing bitches Sentinel and have never had a problem.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.