Anyone ever done artificial insemination?

karleydavidson46

Sep 12, 2014
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash and Dixie
My female Dixie is almost 2 and she is in full heat and ready to be bred. We're planning to do artificial insimunation tomorrow. I've seen many videos on how to do it. This will be our first time doing this any tips? I need them soon I'm running out of time.

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Perhaps you can find a local breeder of any type of dog who would be willing to come over and show you? Don't know much about it but most people I know that breed everything from dogs to parrots were mentored for a while by an experienced breeder doing certain procedures on their own.. Even better, perhaps you can have the vet do it or guide you on doing it properly? Sorry if I'm no help, these are just my thoughts. Here is a youtube video I found on how to do it:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I di with my pugs but I took her to the vets for them to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I di with my pugs but I took them to the vets for them to do it.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
The last time we studded diesel we used this process. It seemed a lot more relaxed,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would never recommend trying to perform an AI unless you have been taught how to do it right. You could hurt her internally or give her an infection if you don't know what you are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I would use a vet that holds a license and insurance. That way they hold complete responsibility should something go wrong. The one thing that needs to be protected during this is the mama. You don't want to hurt her. Front and foremost she is your beloved pet. The c-section is a difficult process with using drugs to put her under. There have been MANY MANY bulldogs who have gone under and passed away. Just do your research and make sure you are prepared for the dangers of breeding your pet.....especially a bulldog.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, if you have not been properly trained, do not attempt it. We take ours to the vet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.