Does anyone understand this

Annemarie

Sep 15, 2014
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
In one yet
Hi I have paid the deposit on our pup who we are completely happy with and although not thinking about breeding I was wondering if anyone knows what this means
these puppies are sold as puppies to be spayed and neutered .
There may or may not be a disqualifying fault or other short coming that's would prevent the pip for showing and or breeding.
if there is a fault it will not prevent the puppy from living an otherwise normal and completely healthy life

So in love I didn't read it properly :/

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Most breeders put restriction on bitches until there 16-18 months to protect the bitch. Some never lift the ban to protect there ( line ) and business.
I take it it's a bitch you have ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think it is referring to show quality .... [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] might know

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sounds like they are making sure that they would not be competition for them in the show ring-or as breeders. They are selling as non-breeders-and are also protecting themselves-like if one ear was not correct-or their bite was not show quality. Minor faults....They probably won't give papers until proof of spay or neuter is shown to them.Is there anything stating a health guarantee?

OP
A

Annemarie

Sep 15, 2014
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
In one yet
It is uk nope that's pretty much it j didn't understand it the wording didn't make much sense to me( although clearly am thick as s**t) lol
not too bothered about it really just wanted to understand it more :)

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
It is uk nope that's pretty much it j didn't understand it the wording didn't make much sense to me( although clearly am thick as s**t) lol
not too bothered about it really just wanted to understand it more :)

most folk I know put a ban on the bitch but this is harsh. Just a question, does it say who pays for it ?
Your paying 2k for a dog. If it doesn't say who pays I would argue the toss that the money your paying is a ( job lot ) and it's all in.
I really don't understand why they don't put the restriction on with the kennel club and leave the spay decision to the owner

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The way I read it:

Basically they would like you to have the pup spayed so she will not ever be used for breeding because they do not think that they are show quality or have a show fault that could be passed down, adopted out as pet only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
A

Annemarie

Sep 15, 2014
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
In one yet
My husband agrees he's had pedigree fogs all his life and never spats them only because he believe it can change the bitches nature I am not sure either way so he's slightly miffed :/

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
All show breeders that I know will have a "show quality" and a "pet quality" pup. That only means that they will pick the ones they think will do well in the ring and sell them to other show breeders to carry on their line. Then sell the others as pets and those pups will (here in the states) have a "limited registration" so they can still be registered with AKC. The breeder will want them spayed or neutered so they will not be bred, and if they are bred, then the litter will not be allowed to be registered through AKC. This is were you get money hungry people breeding them anyway and they will register them with CKC (Continental Kennel Club) or other kennel clubs here in the states. Some reputable breeders will hold the paper work on a "pet" until the owner proves they are spayed/neutered and then they will release the AKC papers so the pup can be registered if the owner wishes to do so. But honestly, if you are not going to breed, then they really don't need to be registers, unless you just want to.

Members online

No members online now.