Meeting parents?? or Scam

kiminthesouth

Jan 7, 2011
I visited a bully website today. The owner said she does NOT allow people to visit, but she will meet in a mutual place. In the past, whenever purchasing from breeder, I've always met both parents (animal, not people!) because I thought it was important. Is this a scam, to meet in a mutual location? Me thinks it is! Please let me know if this is a normal practice or not. Thanks in advance.

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
I have always went to the breeders house.. With all my dogs except one that I fell in love with at the feedstore and bought her there but knew who the breeder was... I would be leary about it. Any good reputal breeder wont mind you coming to their home..

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I would be leery if I couldn't see the kennel.
Sounds fishy to me. I would keep on looking.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree, perhaps their is a puppy mill going on.... or something filthy and awful they are trying to hide.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
What part of the south are you from?
We got our from Oklahoma. Very nice
people that we got Jozi from.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
That is usually a sign of a mill or bad conditions. Be very cautious.

Gene_the demon

Oct 22, 2010
El Paso, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Gene "The Demon"
hmm tough one, when i bought Gene the lady met Mandy and i at neutral location because she was showing other pups to several other people.
It never really crossed my mind to ask to see him at her house, so i never asked. she was an older lady and her husband was an army vet so they seemed like trustworthy people to me.
I have had no issues with my puppy so i guess it all depends on you if you think the people seem trustworthy or not...

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@Gene_the demon I could see how elderly people may be fearful of having strangers in their home. I would be afraid for my grandmother to do this also. This is about the only case where i could see this as acceptable.

Last edited:

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
This is a scam. I knew of a few guys back in NY that sold pit bull puppies. They always said that they would meet customers in a neutral place or park. It was supposedly to protect themselves from people Wanting to steal the " expensive " pups.. They would show up with really nice borrowed pit bulls claiming them to be the parents..
In reality you would see them there and never see them again.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
We went to the breeders house in Fleetwood Pa and saw both Momma and Daddy to Belly. I stayed away from the breeders that didn't want me to come to their house... always sends up a red flag.

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Hmmm, I too would be a tad weary. I've heard once before of a bulldog breeder not wanting to advertise their home because they had a Dog stolen from them in the past, but would meet with people elsewhere as kind of a first step. The breeder I'm going through right now has been incredibly accommodating with her home allowing my Lady to visit while I'm gone and keeping up with us both via e-mail. It just seems so important to me to be able to not only meet the parents, but also see where my future puppy is being raised for such a crucial period of it's life.

1badchicken

Feb 23, 2011
Austin Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Cali
I would assume that because of potential issues in the future that they may not want to be found
I have always been to the breeders home. It really says alot of there conditions and love for the pet

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online