Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian
    Likes (Received)

Default Breeding ?

So my beautiful boy just turned a yr old and all of sudden I have got three people with pit bulls wanting me to breed with them . They are all offering me a pup and I told them I only want a pure breed eb .. It's also a little to soon to breed in my mind . I would like to have a daughter of Sebastian 's someday but I want to be sure that he has no problems I mean so far so good health wise but I worry about his temperament at times , he is a sweetie but sometimes he's really cranky with my grand daughters so I am not sure if it would be a good idea . Anyway just my thoughts .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Breeding ?

I think you should go with your gut feeling and don't let someone pressure you into doing something you don't feel is right Breeding takes huge responsibility and commitment, and the sad fact is that there are already so many dogs in shelters needing homes, many of them x-bull breeds

Love the name Sebastian<3
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Real Name
    Carol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlow, Gus
    Likes (Received)

Is that a thing? breeding English bulldogs with Pit bulls, why would someone want to do that? It just sounds very wrong to me.
    If you should ever decide to breed your dog, stick with a professional breeder with a good long history with bulldogs, not some backyard breeder.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

I agree with @carol baker Breeding with pit bull just sounds wrong! Definitely use a good, reputable breeder. If your bully has a cranky temperament than you definitely need to make sure the other dog has a excellent temperament so hopefully puppies are born with a balance of the two. Good luck
    Last edited by 4flowers; 05-22-2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Mistake

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Baker View Post
    Is that a thing? breeding English bulldogs with Pit bulls, why would someone want to do that? It just sounds very wrong to me.
    If you should ever decide to breed your dog, stick with a professional breeder with a good long history with bulldogs, not some backyard breeder.
    Yes it's a thing! They refer to them as bullys. Which i kinda think is bs but whatever
    It makes very short very wide pitbull looking dogs. But they are prone to the same things ebs are. They often die im the heat around here because their owners don't realize they need to be inside. It's sad
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 4flowers View Post
    I agree with @carol baker Breeding with pit bull just sounds wrong! Definitely use a good, reputable breeder. If your bully has a cranky temperament than you definitely need to make sure the other dog has a excellent temperament so hopefully puppies are born with a balance of the two. Good luck
    Agree with this statement. Don't be pressured by others. Temperment means alot, and I would just wait (since you say you want an EBD of his) until YOU are ready for what you want. Sometimes people who pressure you-will also be the first ones to BLAME you and your dog if anything is not right!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Please don't breed your boy with any Pit's , there are thousands of Pit mixes being put to death every day in shelters across America.

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    Please don't breed your boy with any Pit's , there are thousands of Pit mixes being put to death every day in shelters across America.
    I totally agree with phil,
    you may also want to get your baby ( done ) to help his temperament out a bit

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Carol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlow, Gus
    Likes (Received)

I hate these backyard breeders that make up their own mixes of breeds. They only care about a trend and making money, they don't care about the health and well being of a dog.

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian
    Likes (Received)

Yeah I don't think I will breed him until I find a reputable breeder and get one of his babies then I am gonna clip him I actually had a bully ( mix put and eb ) about a year before I got my boy and we put him out one day and she died , we have no idea what happened . It broke all of our hearts and I believe now it was the heat she was not out long and died quickly

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Enjnene View Post
    Yeah I don't think I will breed him until I find a reputable breeder and get one of his babies then I am gonna clip him I actually had a bully ( mix put and eb ) about a year before I got my boy and we put him out one day and she died , we have no idea what happened . It broke all of our hearts and I believe now it was the heat she was not out long and died quickly

I agree with what everyone said, I think people are trying to get some quick money by breeding the female pits with a male EB - lower risk pregnancy and a lot of times they sell the pups as pure EB without papers. It's a sad trend that is going on. There are so many towns and HOA's that will not allow even a 1/2 pit bull pup - there is no reason to bring more puppies in this world that may end up unloved in a shelter.
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads