Breeding ?

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
So my beautiful boy just turned a yr old and all of sudden I have got three people with pit bulls wanting me to breed with them . They are all offering me a pup and I told them I only want a pure breed eb .. It's also a little to soon to breed in my mind . I would like to have a daughter of Sebastian 's someday but I want to be sure that he has no problems I mean so far so good health wise but I worry about his temperament at times , he is a sweetie but sometimes he's really cranky with my grand daughters so I am not sure if it would be a good idea . Anyway just my thoughts .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I think you should go with your gut feeling and don't let someone pressure you into doing something you don't feel is right:) Breeding takes huge responsibility and commitment, and the sad fact is that there are already so many dogs in shelters needing homes, many of them x-bull breeds:(

Love the name Sebastian<3

Carol Baker

Mar 13, 2014
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlow, Gus
Is that a thing? breeding English bulldogs with Pit bulls, why would someone want to do that? It just sounds very wrong to me.
If you should ever decide to breed your dog, stick with a professional breeder with a good long history with bulldogs, not some backyard breeder.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
I agree with @carol baker Breeding with pit bull just sounds wrong! Definitely use a good, reputable breeder. If your bully has a cranky temperament than you definitely need to make sure the other dog has a excellent temperament so hopefully puppies are born with a balance of the two. Good luck:)

Last edited:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Is that a thing? breeding English bulldogs with Pit bulls, why would someone want to do that? It just sounds very wrong to me.
If you should ever decide to breed your dog, stick with a professional breeder with a good long history with bulldogs, not some backyard breeder.

Yes it's a thing! They refer to them as bullys. Which i kinda think is bs but whatever
It makes very short very wide pitbull looking dogs. But they are prone to the same things ebs are. They often die im the heat around here because their owners don't realize they need to be inside. It's sad

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree with @carol baker Breeding with pit bull just sounds wrong! Definitely use a good, reputable breeder. If your bully has a cranky temperament than you definitely need to make sure the other dog has a excellent temperament so hopefully puppies are born with a balance of the two. Good luck:)

Agree with this statement. Don't be pressured by others. Temperment means alot, and I would just wait (since you say you want an EBD of his) until YOU are ready for what you want. Sometimes people who pressure you-will also be the first ones to BLAME you and your dog if anything is not right!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Please don't breed your boy with any Pit's , there are thousands of Pit mixes being put to death every day in shelters across America.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Please don't breed your boy with any Pit's , there are thousands of Pit mixes being put to death every day in shelters across America.

I totally agree with phil,
you may also want to get your baby ( done ) to help his temperament out a bit

Carol Baker

Mar 13, 2014
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlow, Gus
I hate these backyard breeders that make up their own mixes of breeds. They only care about a trend and making money, they don't care about the health and well being of a dog.

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Yeah I don't think I will breed him until I find a reputable breeder and get one of his babies then I am gonna clip him :( I actually had a bully ( mix put and eb ) about a year before I got my boy and we put him out one day and she died , we have no idea what happened . It broke all of our hearts and I believe now it was the heat she was not out long and died quickly :(

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Yeah I don't think I will breed him until I find a reputable breeder and get one of his babies then I am gonna clip him :( I actually had a bully ( mix put and eb ) about a year before I got my boy and we put him out one day and she died , we have no idea what happened . It broke all of our hearts and I believe now it was the heat she was not out long and died quickly :(

I agree with what everyone said, I think people are trying to get some quick money by breeding the female pits with a male EB - lower risk pregnancy and a lot of times they sell the pups as pure EB without papers. It's a sad trend that is going on. There are so many towns and HOA's that will not allow even a 1/2 pit bull pup - there is no reason to bring more puppies in this world that may end up unloved in a shelter.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Yes it's a thing! They refer to them as bullys. Which i kinda think is bs but whatever
It makes very short very wide pitbull looking dogs. But they are prone to the same things ebs are. They often die im the heat around here because their owners don't realize they need to be inside. It's sad

Wow I learn something new everyday. I never knew that was a breed they were bringing out. Also did not know they call them bullys. I thought bullys was shorts for bulldogs?? Also that is sad about the heat, but that's what happens when people do things for money and not the dog (breed). Thanks for the information all that was new to me.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

B

Baxter Tiberius

You can have the sperm frozen to you can get a puppy from your beloved after he has passed away.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Late to post but just felt I needed to post. I understand that everyone has an opinion, suggestion and advice. You asked so I will share my thoughts.
DO NOT BREED.
Do not breed your EBD to ANY other dog except a purebred. No questions, no exceptions. A mixed bred starts to dilute the purebred and cause unintended consequences.
DO not breed your EBD just to have a baby from him. The expense due to AI and c-section plus after care for 24x7 for two weeks is not to be taken lightly. Even if you are getting a puppy by someone else efforts you are a part of the problem rather than the solution. And if your EBD shows ANY aggression or un-easiness with kids or other dogs, that dog should never be bred. No if and or butts. Has your male been tested for genetic defects such as HUU or Brucellosis?

Don't get me wrong, as a breeder not only do I breed but I also help those who are serious about learning and getting involved in the breed. Not for the money but to become a steward of the breed, to inform everyone about the breed and to help change back some of the bad breeding patterns that currently exist because of breeders of yester-year that only were interested in money and volume rather than quality and conformation.

A bulldog is a loyal companion.
Good Day~

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.