Boon Docks needs a girlfriend

BoonDocks

Nov 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boon Docks
Can someone help in giving me advice on how to find a girlfriend for Boon. He will be 1 at the end of March and we want to start breeding him (papered hottie only). Boon.jpg

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Can i ask what kind of experience you have with breeding? Is your boy health checked? ( health tests -not a vet visit )
And what is your reason for breeding x

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Handsome boy you got there! :) But why do you wanna breed him?

OP
B

BoonDocks

Nov 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boon Docks
We have no experience, that is why I'm asking. We don't want to be the breeder, just stud service. So I guess a 1st step is to get him a health test based on your reply.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Yes health testing is important to better the breed , for health of puppies also
Having a stud service without much knowledge or at least your boy breeder back up and support in my opinion will not bring much good ,
But it is good that you are asking for advice before studding him
There are few experienced breeders on here who will be able to give you more information ,but failing that try your local bulldog club -im sure someone will be able to help you

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a nice looking boy. You might start with going to some bulldog shows and meeting with some show breeders and consider showing him or find a good handler to show him. Most reputable breeders will not breed their females unless he is of champion stock, and is a very healthy male. Plus they will look at his pedigree to see if it is a good match for one of their females. If you find someone who doesn't do these things, then they are not breeding to better the breed and I would stay away from. Good luck with your search.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Another thing to keep in mind is reputable breeders won't use a male younger than 18 months old and really should be Atleast 2 years of age because that is the earliest things such as hips, knees, pallet, and trachea can be evaluated.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online