How to get into showing?

Txarmywife

Oct 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
We have our best friend "Sancho" with full registration and am just curious how we would begin getting into showing. He is currently 7 mths. We absolutely love the breed because of him and would love to get the experience showing allows. Any advice for a newbie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karmasworld

Jan 6, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Karma and Diamond
Join your local bulldog group. Or look on AKC website for local group. They can help you as well as doing B-matchs before larger show as well as conformation classes.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Join your local bulldog group. Or look on AKC website for local group. They can help you as well as doing B-matchs before larger show as well as conformation classes.

:goodpost: A member has been tagged that is familiar w/showing, so he can give you more info… Good luck!!!

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Go to local shows and talk to owners and handlers. I will tell you it can be intimidating and it's very political but don't let that detour you. There are some really nice folks out there who have been doing bulldogs longer than I been alive and they are a wealth of knowledge.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As @karmasworld said find a bulldog club in your area or go to some dog shows and talk with the show breeders there and ask them if they know anyone putting on a conformation class and go to some to learn how to show and get some tips on how to walk and make your bully look great to the judge. Sign up for some B matches to get some experience and most of all, just have some fun.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I agree with [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]! I have never shown bulldogs, but did show a much larger breed for a while. It's a lot of fun if you don't take it too seriously. I am very competitive and had a difficult time when my beautiful dog didn't win. But I met many wonderful people who taught me much about my breed--people who I still talk to on a regular basis. As David said, have fun with it!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.