Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Okay...hope it's alright to discuss this...Kennel Clubs

Well it all comes down to do your homework on a breeder and you will find a reputable breeder. I will always support AKC and will always breed to their standard.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mandymae7 View Post
    Again, my intentions were not to create havoc on this topic or to be criticized; I wanted to open this up for discussion. If someone wants to purchase a pet for their family, registration shouldn't be as critical. When you adopt from a rescue or a shelter, you do not have papers and many times have no idea what genetic issues they may be predisposed to.
    Registration alone is not the qualifier. The breeder itself and their line of dogs is a major qualifier. Personally, I will not get a non-rescue pup that is not registered by AKC and is not from a reputable breeder with a long genetic line even if it is only for a pet. The AKC registration gives me some form of a guarantee of the lineage and information about all the dogs in its line. This gives me some form of assurance that this new pup has predictable traits. This is very important especially when getting a pup for a household with children.

But then only Gizmo (my bichon frise) is not a rescue dog. He's an AKC pup with a long genetic line with several champions of both dam and sire lines and I know the breeder even if I got Gizmo from the local pet shop. Both my bulldogs are rescue dogs therefore, I was fully prepared to take on upredictable traits and illnesses, therefore, I didn't much care if they were registered with a Kennel Club. As it happens, Bullie is a CKC registered dog and Angus is AKC. But, I did not bother tracing their records because I don't know the credibility of their breeders.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mandymae7 View Post
    Wow @Jennifer Clark that's crazy! It is unfortunate when circumstances like that arise. I wish you the best!
    Last I heard they were waiting to hear back from the breeders to see if they could explain the situation. I have both the dam and sires names however I don't know if the papers I got were legitimate and when I asked them about the numbers on the papers they couldn't find anything. I mean if Sheldon is from one of those types of breeders we got really lucky because he has little to no medical problems. Maybe a few with allergies nothing benadryl can't help with. He is happy healthy full of vigor and I couldn't ask for a better fur baby!

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads