First comes love.... Then comes marriage..

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
I haven't posted in a while... just been lurking.. but since its friday i thought i'd waste some time, post a thread, and get some input/comfort/flammed.

A little over a year ago i posted a message how our (then) vet told us our baby Molly had hip dyspepsia and severe luxating patellas. A year and a half later (and a few dozen xrays and two different orthopedic vets) she's got a clean bill of health... and we don't recommend that first vet any more.

Skip forward to today... and Molly is at our vet with her new husband Walter making babies :blush2:

Before you yell at me....

1) Both Walter and Molly are fully papered with 'championship lines' (blah.. blah.. blah.. )
2) Walter's from back east. Molly's parents came from the west cost.
3) Our current vet is very active in the EB community.. and he's the one that planted the first seed that we breed her.
4) My wife is fully aware of what she's getting into.
5) We have 24/7 help from the breeder we got Molly from who's family has been raising EB's for generations.
6) If Molly becomes preggers we are not selling the puppies... We already have a list of adopted homes the puppies are going to.
7) My wife is crazy.
8) I have no say in the matter.. I'm just paying for it all.

On one hand... OMG i get first pick of the litter and HE is going to me MY DOG!
On the other hand... If you read my very first post on this forum i talk about how i've always worked for rescue groups and never thought i'd own a 'purebred' dog. It goes against my grain to bring more dogs into the world (we just got done fostering a 8 week old lab puppy!!!)

I'm freaked out about the danger we are putting Molly in! The vet, my wife and Molly's godmother (the breeder we got her from) keep telling me it will be fine... but im freaking out here!!

I'm to young to be a grandpa!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I haven't posted in a while... just been lurking.. but since its friday i thought i'd waste some time, post a thread, and get some input/comfort/flammed.

A little over a year ago i posted a message how our (then) vet told us our baby Molly had hip dyspepsia and severe luxating patellas. A year and a half later (and a few dozen xrays and two different orthopedic vets) she's got a clean bill of health... and we don't recommend that first vet any more.

Skip forward to today... and Molly is at our vet with her new husband Walter making babies :blush2:

Before you yell at me....

1) Both Walter and Molly are fully papered with 'championship lines' (blah.. blah.. blah.. )
2) Walter's from back east. Molly's parents came from the west cost.
3) Our current vet is very active in the EB community.. and he's the one that planted the first seed that we breed her.
4) My wife is fully aware of what she's getting into.
5) We have 24/7 help from the breeder we got Molly from who's family has been raising EB's for generations.
6) If Molly becomes preggers we are not selling the puppies... We already have a list of adopted homes the puppies are going to.
7) My wife is crazy.

On one hand... OMG i get first pick of the litter and HE is going to me MY DOG!
On the other hand... If you read my very first post on this forum i talk about how i've always worked for rescue groups and never thought i'd own a 'purebred' dog. It goes against my grain to bring more dogs into the world (we just got done fostering a 8 week old lab puppy!!!)

I'm freaked out about the danger we are putting Molly in! The vet, my wife and Molly's godmother (the breeder we got her from) keep telling me it will be fine... but im freaking out here!!

I'm to young to be a grandpa!
There were a few times during this post I thought I was going to fall off the couch laughing in others I just want to say everything should be fine she is in great hands it looks like. She has a hole host of people willing to help her along in this tough time. Sure wish I was one of the adoptive homes but its absolutely wonderful you all ready have homes picked out and have a plan of action!!! So excited for you Skinpa!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry and if you were happy or scared to death so I just decided to chuckle a bit.. Sounds like you have a very good support group in this endeavor and i wish you good luck.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
: 7) My wife is crazy.

On one hand... OMG i get first pick of the litter and HE is going to me MY DOG!:

On the one should be #9

ha ha ha i near fell outta my chair , I em with you , buy enough Valium for the both of us please , I would be a total mess if Tilly had pups , getting first pic is pretty cool tho , please keep us posted on it Gramps lol

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
I couldn't help but laugh at your post but OMG how exciting!! I also think its great that you aren't selling the puppies but adopting them out. How wonderful!!

Good luck and can't wait to see pictures when they are born.

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
I'll post pictures of the happy couple when i get home... The baby-daddy is 'bunking' with us until Saturday... and boy are the kids learning more then they where taught in 5th grade maturation!

"Isn't that backwards"
"DONT LICK ME!!"
"Whats he doing to the couch?"
"Wha-.. Bu-.. I'm not su--.. Im going to my room"

Last edited:

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I'll post pictures of the happy couple when i get home... The baby-daddy is 'bunking' with us until Saturday... and boy are the kids learning more then they where taught in 5th grade maturation!

"Isn't that backwards"
"DONT LICK ME!!"

Too funny- but on a serious not I'm curious how she was misdiagnosed with bad hips and knees? Thankfully she's healthy!

Relley Freitas

Aug 7, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

"Isn't that backwards"
"DONT LICK ME!!"

Hahahahahahaha this combined with your original post had me cracking up laughing!! I recently had my 9 year old reading about eb before we get her a pup just to educate her a little bit.. I forgot to tell her to skip the chapter about breeding... Hahaha it was definitely more info than she bargained for.. LOL!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk 4

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry and if you were happy or scared to death so I just decided to chuckle a bit.. Sounds like you have a very good support group in this endeavor and i wish you good luck.
[MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] ^^^^ same :confused:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.