regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Hi,

I'm new on here so I hope you guys can help me. I have two bulldogs, Ah-Bo male and Lily female. I had Ah-Bo since he was 3 months, he is 7 months now. Lily I purchased her two weeks ago from a pet store where she spent one and a half years locked up in a cage. The shop keeper was planing to breed her but was unsuccessful due to her weight. I offered him twice the going price because she was so gentle and friendly.

Anyway, last week I noticed her teats were getting better and now all the other signs are showing. I was sure it was a false pregnancy because the reason the shop keeper sold her to me was because she didnt get pregnant when he A.I her around one and a half month ago. My question is, could she actually be pregnant?. If she is, it's not good news for me, I did and do not intend to breed because Im worried about the safety. Im in China, its hard to find a good vet so C-Section is risky.

What do I do?

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Hi,

I'm new on here so I hope you guys can help me. I have two bulldogs, Ah-Bo male and Lily female. I had Ah-Bo since he was 3 months, he is 7 months now. Lily I purchased her two weeks ago from a pet store where she spent one and a half years locked up in a cage. The shop keeper was planing to breed her but was unsuccessful due to her weight. I offered him twice the going price because she was so gentle and friendly.

Anyway, last week I noticed her teats were getting better and now all the other signs are showing. I was sure it was a false pregnancy because the reason the shop keeper sold her to me was because she didnt get pregnant when he A.I her around one and a half month ago. My question is, could she actually be pregnant?. If she is, it's not good news for me, I did and do not intend to breed because Im worried about the safety. Im in China, its hard to find a good vet so C-Section is risky.

What do I do?

I am of no help directly bc I don't breed. But I wanted to thank you for saving Lily from that horrible pet shop keeper. Thank God you came along and had the means to take her from that bad man!!! Thank you thank you!!! Maybe these people can help?! [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
To be honest I only managed to save her but there were plenty other dogs there, not bulldogs. If she is pregnant, he will kick himself for selling her to me. She did have some skin issues due to the damp warm condition, also lack of sunlight. I bathed her in medication, put her on a raw diet so she is healing quickly and her hair is growing back and the rash is almost gone. She just needs to loss a little weight and she'll be fine.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
To be honest I only managed to save her but there were plenty other dogs there, not bulldogs. If she is pregnant, he will kick himself for selling her to me. She did have some skin issues due to the damp warm condition, also lack of sunlight. I bathed her in medication, put her on a raw diet so she is healing quickly and her hair is growing back and the rash is almost gone. She just needs to loss a little weight and she'll be fine.

You are in a pickle my freind. Sounds like a rough road ahead. I hope things work out for you and your female. It is possible to free whelp but not recomended. I wish I had some kind of magic wand to give you a great alternative, but I don't, I will be praying for you and that poor bully that needs someone so desperately. I can advise you to watch lots of Youtube videos , bulldogs giving birth. I did deliver 11 puppies, but I wanted them. Your case is quite different . :cry:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm clueless as well... my Bella had a scheduled C-section. I guess the first thing you need to do is find out if it's a false pregnancy, but I have NO info on that. Good luck & I will be praying for you guys... :pray:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
First, bless you for taking her and giving her a loving home. You might want to get an ultrasound done to see if you can see pups in there in then go from there. If she is prego, then I would just try to find the best bully vet you can and hope for the best. If you try to whelp them yourself and she has a water puppy, that one could get stuck and kill mama and the rest of the pups.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
GOD bless you!!! If signs progress then get an ultrasound done on her.

I'll be praying she's not pregnant...let us know!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you for saving her.

After she would be six weeks pregnant, which sounds like you are close, an X-ray can be done. Let us know and we will try to help guide you as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Sending thoughts your way. Thank you for saving her!!

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Sherry: It's true I hope she's not pregnant because I don't have the experience to look after new mum and puppies and I only just got her, so to loose her now would be heart breaking. However, if she is pregnant and able to deliver the puppies by c-section or natural birth, I and my family would be over the moon. My wife and I are trying for our own baby, if it all works out, we'll have baby and puppies running around the house :). I will call a few more vets in my area to see if any of them can do a c-section. So far none of them have the skill or equipment for this, they dont even have x-ray or ultra sound!.

My family is also planing to keep all the puppies because firstly, I doubt I'll be able to find anyone who will care and provide everything a bulldog needs, most people can't afford the cost of food and vet bills here.

Anyways, I will keep updating to let you all how things go.

Thanks guys for helping

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Does she look pregnant ?
IMG_20130717_093013.jpgIMG_20130717_093053.jpgIMG_20130715_170242.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Sherry: It's true I hope she's not pregnant because I don't have the experience to look after new mum and puppies and I only just got her, so to loose her now would be heart breaking. However, if she is pregnant and able to deliver the puppies by c-section or natural birth, I and my family would be over the moon. My wife and I are trying for our own baby, if it all works out, we'll have baby and puppies running around the house :). I will call a few more vets in my area to see if any of them can do a c-section. So far none of them have the skill or equipment for this, they dont even have x-ray or ultra sound!.

My family is also planing to keep all the puppies because firstly, I doubt I'll be able to find anyone who will care and provide everything a bulldog needs, most people can't afford the cost of food and vet bills here.

Anyways, I will keep updating to let you all how things go.

Thanks guys for helping

Like Lisa said, you will be able to tell more in a few weeks, her nipples will get much bigger and even more pink, her belly will get broader and you might be able to see movement in her belly section, also you may check her to see if milk will come out with a gentle squeeze. I understand your country is very poor, things are quite different in China than here. I applaud you for taking her in. Not many people from China would be able to do this for a wonderful animal. thank you thank you . She is a very nice looking bulldog. If there is anything at anytime you need information, I will do my best to get it too you. Also watch for a swollen vulva that is another sign with slight discharge, don't be afraid to send pictures of her condition, it helps us to determine her condition . Please keep me posted on any progress

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Actually she should have passed 6 weeks by now, I'm sure the shop keeper A.I her well over a month ago. He didnt keep any records on the date, damn stupid guy!. Lets hope he wasnt successful and its a false pregnancy.

I know it's over a month because I first saw her 3 months ago, at that time she was in perfect condition, no skin issues. the second time i saw her, she was covered in rash and cuts, that was the time he complained that she is too fat to get pregnant. I went home and spoke to my wife who at the begining said we already have two dogs so she didnt want another. i cont get forget her locked up in that little cage, so two weeks later i took my wife to show her lily. my wife fell in love with her straight away eventhough she was still covered in rash. that day we spent over 3 hours walking up and down the street outside the shop, trying to decide what to do. in the end we went back to the shop and offered to take her.

Considering she spent her life in a cage, eat , sleep, poop, she is suprisingly house trained. she is very good with kids and most other dogs. she made the switch to raw with no issues. she is now a part of our family and Ah-Bo seems to love his new playmate/ older wife! lol

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Oh her vulva is swollen and my wife said she had some clear discharge a few days ago. she is also digging but her belly isnt getting larger. will take some pics later to show u.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.