False pregnancy?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I do have to agree with Lisa as far as adding a supplement, so that when she has these little rascles everyone has the best chance to be healthy all the way around. You live in China, so I'm not quite sure what you have available . please keep me posted :2thumbs:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Do we have an update on the mama?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Hi sherry, update is Imm 99% sure its a false pregnancy. She should be due now but she is not getting bigger, also very active. I can stop worrying now, thank you so much for your help.

New problem, both her and my boy just developed a hotspot i think. ive put acv on it, its helping my boy but not my girl. her hotspot seems to be getting bigger. will keep drying it and putting acv on it for a few more days to see if there's any improvement.

Thanks again guys, will update everything that happens to my bullies, whether good or bad

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hi sherry, update is Imm 99% sure its a false pregnancy. She should be due now but she is not getting bigger, also very active. I can stop worrying now, thank you so much for your help.

New problem, both her and my boy just developed a hotspot i think. ive put acv on it, its helping my boy but not my girl. her hotspot seems to be getting bigger. will keep drying it and putting acv on it for a few more days to see if there's any improvement.

Thanks again guys, will update everything that happens to my bullies, whether good or bad

Shave the hair off those hot spots, outline the edges w/magic marker so you can tell if it's expanding.

​Glad it's a false PG :) Thanks for updating...GOD bless y'all.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm glad it was a false pregnancy, poor baby!!! Hopefully those hot spots will clear up soon...

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

well that must be a relief for you. now about the hot spots, is it hot in China this time of year? I'm very unfamiliar with the seasons there. It is summer here and lots of bully's are having to deal with hot spots. I believe allergies from the grass and trees are big contributors including the hot weather. I bathe them more often this time of year to keep the dust and dander down. That's when I use the vinegar rinse.

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
yes, it's hot atm. My boy seems to have more around his front and back legs but he is healing well but lily has a large one on her neck which is not drying up. will just keep on it until it heals.

Im wondering if its their diet?. i feed them raw pork with a small amount of cow liver, plus boiled white rice, can they have allergy with this diet?.

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
ok, hotspots and rashes are healing fine but something new yesterday. Even though all the other signs are gone, now she is producing milk?. Anyway still must be a false pregnancy.

I'm also treating her for yeast infections, she is red all over again, also her paws. washing her with vinegar n water, seems to be doing the trick. also i no longer feed her rice because i read rice can feed the yeast infection so she is 100% raw meat, acv and a tiny bit of garlic.
also omega 3 fish oil.

please advice if im doing anything wrong.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ok, hotspots and rashes are healing fine but something new yesterday. Even though all the other signs are gone, now she is producing milk?. Anyway still must be a false pregnancy.

I'm also treating her for yeast infections, she is red all over again, also her paws. washing her with vinegar n water, seems to be doing the trick. also i no longer feed her rice because i read rice can feed the yeast infection so she is 100% raw meat, acv and a tiny bit of garlic.
also omega 3 fish oil.

[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

also omega 3 fish oil.

Can you post a new photo of her? She could only have 1-2 pups, in that case she won't get big at all.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have no advise just want to thank you for caring for her! You are an amazing pawrent and she is lucky to have found you!

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Ok, here some pics i took just now. She is slimmer then a month ago, still redish in some areas but a great improvement then when I first got her. The vinegar rinse helped with the itching and she has no bad smells at all now. The ear and tail yeast infections are under control, again thanks to vinegar . Hotspots are all healed so now it's just the milk issue. I'm hopeful it's still a false pregnancy because if it was real, she is long over due.

IMG_20130823_122131.jpgIMG_20130823_122141.jpgIMG_20130823_122207.jpgIMG_20130823_122230.jpg

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
I have no advise just want to thank you for caring for her! You are an amazing pawrent and she is lucky to have found you!

I'm not doing anything special, my family and I love animals and in China animals are worth nothing. When a chinese guy tells you he loves dogs, he probably means the taste of dogs on a plate or he loves dog fighting. This was my experience when I first came back here. I live in a village so most dogs live outside, they are never let inside and most are not fed. People keep dogs here for no reason, they are just there to catch rats and chase away strangers.

I have a nickname in my street, they call me dog slave because they say im a slave to my dogs. I tell them, yes 100% correct.

Everyone one here on this site are great, Im glad i found it.

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
You are an amazing person for taking such good care of this little girl, specially under those hard conditions. All the blessings in the world to you and your family. I hope she gets better from all her troubles, I also just had to deal with hot spots and they are not fun at all!!! and you are right ACV is miraculous, works for almost everything. I give it to Ulysses also in his water, 2tsp, and he seems to like it and it helps him wonders with all his skin issues. I love how Ah-bo and Lily sleep!! they are absolutely gorgeous! :yes:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you for the photos. I agree she does not look pregnant I would be surprised if she was. Yes it certainly appears you are fighting some skin conditions too. As for the milk, a psuedo pregnancy can cause them to get milk too. And she may have been pregnant at one point and absorbed the puppies too.

Watch for any vaginal discharge, I would be concerned with her getting pyometra since her immune system is obviously down.

I'm wondering if she has an allergy to one of the raw foods you are feeding her? Hot spots and allergies many times come from food.

I'm also glad you are a dog slave, sounds pretty depressing seeing all of those dogs being uncared for. I think I'd lose my mind.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.