Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: False pregnancy?

Quote Originally Posted by regassam View Post
    Sherry: It's true I hope she's not pregnant because I don't have the experience to look after new mum and puppies and I only just got her, so to loose her now would be heart breaking. However, if she is pregnant and able to deliver the puppies by c-section or natural birth, I and my family would be over the moon. My wife and I are trying for our own baby, if it all works out, we'll have baby and puppies running around the house . I will call a few more vets in my area to see if any of them can do a c-section. So far none of them have the skill or equipment for this, they dont even have x-ray or ultra sound!.

My family is also planing to keep all the puppies because firstly, I doubt I'll be able to find anyone who will care and provide everything a bulldog needs, most people can't afford the cost of food and vet bills here.

Anyways, I will keep updating to let you all how things go.

Thanks guys for helping

Like Lisa said, you will be able to tell more in a few weeks, her nipples will get much bigger and even more pink, her belly will get broader and you might be able to see movement in her belly section, also you may check her to see if milk will come out with a gentle squeeze. I understand your country is very poor, things are quite different in China than here. I applaud you for taking her in. Not many people from China would be able to do this for a wonderful animal. thank you thank you . She is a very nice looking bulldog. If there is anything at anytime you need information, I will do my best to get it too you. Also watch for a swollen vulva that is another sign with slight discharge, don't be afraid to send pictures of her condition, it helps us to determine her condition . Please keep me posted on any progress
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    ka-cheong liu
    Country
    china
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ah-bo, lily and gigi
    Likes (Received)

Actually she should have passed 6 weeks by now, I'm sure the shop keeper A.I her well over a month ago. He didnt keep any records on the date, damn stupid guy!. Lets hope he wasnt successful and its a false pregnancy.

I know it's over a month because I first saw her 3 months ago, at that time she was in perfect condition, no skin issues. the second time i saw her, she was covered in rash and cuts, that was the time he complained that she is too fat to get pregnant. I went home and spoke to my wife who at the begining said we already have two dogs so she didnt want another. i cont get forget her locked up in that little cage, so two weeks later i took my wife to show her lily. my wife fell in love with her straight away eventhough she was still covered in rash. that day we spent over 3 hours walking up and down the street outside the shop, trying to decide what to do. in the end we went back to the shop and offered to take her.

Considering she spent her life in a cage, eat , sleep, poop, she is suprisingly house trained. she is very good with kids and most other dogs. she made the switch to raw with no issues. she is now a part of our family and Ah-Bo seems to love his new playmate/ older wife! lol

Real Name
    ka-cheong liu
    Country
    china
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ah-bo, lily and gigi
    Likes (Received)

Oh her vulva is swollen and my wife said she had some clear discharge a few days ago. she is also digging but her belly isnt getting larger. will take some pics later to show u.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

She's a beautiful girl... I hope everything works out for you guys ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    ka-cheong liu
    Country
    china
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ah-bo, lily and gigi
    Likes (Received)

Here are some more pics, real or false pregnancy?
    -img_20130731_102907-jpg-img_20130731_102918-jpg-img_20130731_102938-jpg-img_20130731_103059-jpg-img_20130731_103149-jpg

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Oh she is just so gorgeous .. and you have three of the BEST people here to guide you through this ... false or not. Follow everything that @desertskybulldogs, @Davidh and @Sherry tell you to do.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Here are some more pics, real or false pregnancy?
    -img_20130731_102907-jpg-img_20130731_102918-jpg-img_20130731_102938-jpg-img_20130731_103059-jpg-img_20130731_103149-jpg
    Certainly possible, these pictures show a lot....excellent post by @Sherry too

See how the hair is thinning around her nipples... Clear sign of pregnancy. If its her first litter they aren't usually as big at week 6-7. Also the vulva is very clearly swollen. I sure wish you had the breeding date(s) because that would help. Her tummy won't really expand until week 7... 8 and 9 is when they are clearly pregnant.

Sometimes bulldogs can have what they call a psuedo (sp?) pregnancy as well. This is where they believe they are pregnant so they get all the symptoms and signs but are not.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

I dont have any advise but ....Thank you Thank you!! for saving her she is beautiful

Real Name
    ka-cheong liu
    Country
    china
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ah-bo, lily and gigi
    Likes (Received)

yes i read about false pregnancy, thats why im confused and worried. the shop keeper was careless, didnt even record the day he A.I her so I have no way of knowing the exact day i should bring her in for a c-section. her belly isnt getting bigger, infact she is abit slimmer now because she was over weight before. i feed her the correct amount and now she gets to take walks so thats probably why she is slimmer. im thinking its better to get her fit for the birth. as ive said before, i know its been over a month, maybe a month and a half since the guy A.I her so it shouldnt be long before she is due, how to know when?

Real Name
    ka-cheong liu
    Country
    china
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ah-bo, lily and gigi
    Likes (Received)

i now keep her seperate at bed time from my 7 month bulldog just incase she whelps during the night. i will start to take her temperture and take her in as soon as there's a change. ive only read about this online so i hope i do everything correctly.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I can't believe the shop owner has no idea of the day if AI... What in the world?!!! I'm just so thankful you are in charge now... I had a great vet to help me thru the birth of Bella's pups. I hope that you will find a vet that can help you out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

yes i read about false pregnancy, thats why im confused and worried. the shop keeper was careless, didnt even record the day he A.I her so I have no way of knowing the exact day i should bring her in for a c-section. her belly isnt getting bigger, infact she is abit slimmer now because she was over weight before. i feed her the correct amount and now she gets to take walks so thats probably why she is slimmer. im thinking its better to get her fit for the birth. as ive said before, i know its been over a month, maybe a month and a half since the guy A.I her so it shouldnt be long before she is due, how to know when?
    It's 9 weeks gestation, hopefully with more photo updates we can help identify if she's close.... It will be hard but you will have our support. I don't think she's ready anytime soon if she is. Probably 2-3 weeks to go.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads