Pregnant bulldog help

Lozrae1

Jul 28, 2013
Country
Sheffield
Bulldog(s) Names
Mimi
Hi, my englosh bulldog is currently 68 days pregnant, she was scanned at 4 weeks and saw 2 pups, she is npt very big only when she lays down, she is sleeping alot the past 2 days, vet said to let her go over 2 days whitch will ne tomorrow of sje hasnt had them, im worried because i know shes not having a false pregnancy or nothing wiuldve shown on tje scan and she cant av reabsorbed them because hes got bigger, shes been sick a couple of times this last week and had abit of diorea yesterday, its her forst litter aswell, i know the normal gestation perioed but is thos normal for a bullys first pregnancy, we took her t the vets at 7 weeks she said she disnnt look pregnant but as soon a s she examined her said there could ne somthing there?"

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I don't have any answers for you, both my girls had scheduled c-sections when they had a litter. I will tag those that have more experience [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] ... others will be along soon to give some helpful information. Good luck and hope all works out with the new pups and your Mimi.

OP
Lozrae1

Lozrae1

Jul 28, 2013
Country
Sheffield
Bulldog(s) Names
Mimi
Thanku much appreciated she has to go in tuesday for another examination im thinking they will xray or scan her and c section fingers crossed cx

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My Bella had a scheduled C-section as well, but I will forewarn you... I was told Bella had 5 puppies, and she ended up having 8 of them!!! I don't think they can really get a good view on X-ray w/bullies on how many pups... My Bella slept a lot, and had the diarrhea. Hopefully you will get some answers from some people w/more experience, I've only dealt w/one litter!!! :whistle:

OP
Lozrae1

Lozrae1

Jul 28, 2013
Country
Sheffield
Bulldog(s) Names
Mimi
Thanku, her scan showed 2 bit she said they could be more, as we couldnt keep mimi still lol, think she thought we we playing! We have a good mentor and vets but am just confused its her first litter, shes showing all the signs, i know of shes only got 1/2 pup they may not trigger labour. Ive stayed with her 24/7 for this last week, its just so frustrating. Im taking her bk to vets tomorrow so hopefully will be less worried by then.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I probably panicked w/Bella and took her in a little early for her C-section, but at the time my hubby was gone & it was in the middle of the night!!! She was in labor, but I don't know if I could of waited a little longer... I was scared to death that I would do something wrong!!! I'm glad that you had a mentor, I didn't and wasn't on this forum yet... I sure wish I had known what to do beforehand!!! I know Bella was pacing, breathing heavy (panting), couldn't sit still...

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Did her milk come in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
@Lozrae1 Sherry has noticed your post, which is great, but I would post this to the breeders forum to catch some eyes there.

Last edited:
OP
Lozrae1

Lozrae1

Jul 28, 2013
Country
Sheffield
Bulldog(s) Names
Mimi
Thanku i will x

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have moved this post and deleted the other post that was started so there is only one now to avoid confusion. :)

OP
Lozrae1

Lozrae1

Jul 28, 2013
Country
Sheffield
Bulldog(s) Names
Mimi
Thanks for that ,, great help :) x

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
no worries. we have a few breeders here and im sure they will be along soon to help you. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If she is 68 days pregnant she is 5 days overdue. If she has milk when you express her nipples and her vulva is huge and swollen then I would go to the vet today and get a new X-ray done. If there is pups you can safely take them out via c section. Please be certain you have your dates right. If she has no milk or her vulva is not swollen she probably absorbed her pups and is no longer pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Lozrae1

Lozrae1

Jul 28, 2013
Country
Sheffield
Bulldog(s) Names
Mimi
Is it possible she only has one pup thats why shes not showing much and the reason its nit truggered labour as its a singleton? I cant see her have absorbed them because i thought they could only do that up to 5 weeks and shes continued to get bigger each week after that. ?; /

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online