Facebook scam?

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Hey guys!
Today I got on facebook just to see what was going on, and when I signed on I noticed I had a message.. This is what it said and it was from Kelvin Tap. And it was sent @ 3:54 am.

"HI DANNY, ENGLISH BULLDOG PUPPIES!!!!!!!!

We periodically have a litter of English Bulldogs in our home and that's because my grandma was committed to raising healthy, happy bullies and sharing her knowledge and love of the breed. She died last March at 82.

So currently we have seven pups looking for homes: five female/two male.. red and whites, white and brindle and fawn and white. AKC registered, taking DHLPP shots. With our present jobs my partner and I have at hand, we won't be able to take care of the puppies cos we would be moving to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. So we are giving them out to caring dog lovers who would take good care of them.

If interested in having them or at least one or you know anyone who might be interested, contact me here or at [email protected] and you can send my email to the interested one to contact me. Also contact us with any questions you may have.

Hope to read from you soon. Please contact us on [email protected].

Thanks,

Kelvin"

I'm thinking SCAM! One they are moving out of the country and two no one just gives up a litter, plus no ages, no talks about mom. has to be fake. What do u all think?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Totally a scam! I was told this same 'story' about 6 months ago. They are still moving to Brazil? Does it take 6 months to move to Brazil? The puppies are STILL PUPPIES???

SCAM!!! :angry::angry::angry:

I think [MENTION=689]catorres8988[/MENTION] got this same message about 2 months ago too!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Definitely think its a scam, if you emailed them they'd probably say all you need to pay is the shipping.

Yes, e-mail them and see what they say. I am pretty sure it was "Kelvin" who messaged [MENTION=689]catorres8988[/MENTION] too.

Gene_the demon

Oct 22, 2010
El Paso, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Gene "The Demon"
yea its a scam... next email you get will be somewhere along the lines of: "thank you so much for your interest in the pups! im sure they are going to a great home. all i ask from you now is to send a money order to cover their shipping and blah blah blah...."

OP
Bacon

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Here is what the response was:
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Danny DeVooght <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Kelvin,

Im inquiring about the English bulldog Puppies you are unable to take care of anymore. More info would be great.

Thanks,
Danny

Response:
Here are the puppies, the group picture of them, the individual pictures of them, they are three females and two males below.AKC registered, up to date on DHPP shots and they are 11weeks old. Make your pick from them and send us your location and the closest airport to you.

6 Images | View Slideshow | Download Selected | Download All

bbd20.jpg
(69KB) bbd23.jpg
(74KB) bbd24.jpg
(68KB)

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Sounds really fishy, doesn't it? Too bad you can't find out where this guy is located and tell him you're local and that you'll just come pick them up. Would sure be interesting to see what he says then...

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Yea he is from Cali supposebly and bought a franchise in brazil. This same guy sent me the same email and when I replied be sent me the same reply message w same pics. I told him I would drive to pick a puppy up Bc I didn't want it flying and he said that he flys w his eb all the time and never has any problems. I told him no thanks I'm
Not interested and never heard from
Him again. Def a scam!!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
the nerve some people have!!!! contact fb and let them know that its going around, guess he messed with the wrong people/group!!!

lnelems

Nov 4, 2010
I have been emailing this guy for the past couple of days wanting one of his EB puppies but wondering why they wouldn't sell anywhere close to where he lived for that price ($320 to ship one, crate included and $420 to ship two in one crate). He is in California and I am in Alabama. He is VERY pushy about finding out what airport he should send the puppy to. I told him I did not think brachiocephalic dogs could be shipped by air and he assured me his grandmother, who has always bred these dogs for the betterment of their breed, had a specific shipper she used and knew what they were doing. Oh, he is having to do this instead of grandma because she died in March of this year. This shipper, he tells me tonight, is 64 years old, Jodi Decew from Riverside, CA. When I looked her up she is in her mid to late 40's. I went to a fraud alert website and they said if the seller is adamant about using Western Union and anyone you want to talk to by phone is hard of hearing, beware. Yep, according to him, just yesterday, Jodi told him her paypal account is down right now and I can't call her because she is hard of hearing. When I inform him of all I have learned about WU and hard of hearing sellers he sends me a photo of a receipt from a previous customer to this Jodi person's address. What does that prove? Nada Oh, he also told me grandma, nor he, ever sold any of the bulldog puppies they only sent them for the shipping price. Yeah, right.

serenitysu

Nov 9, 2010
I actually talked with "KELVIN" tonight on the telephone - I received the same message on facebook about the dying grandma, five bulldog puppies, eleven weeks old, AKC registered, shots etc. that he and his partner were moving to Brazil to live and were not looking for money, just good homes, even for just one of the puppies all you would have to pay is the shipping, and he sent me a copy of the shipping invoice as "proof". However, when I said I would only deal COD on the phone suddenly he had to deal with his daughter cos his wife was working, he called back and said he wanted to talk on the "internet" hmmmmmmmmm - then gave me the shipping agent information, after a search on Jodi Decrew in CA I got the facebook scam and signed up to be a member here . . . thanks so much for your information here hope this helps others like it has me . . . such a shame people has to be so nasty and especially deceitful involving such a wonderful breed as our beloved bulls . . . I did mark his message on facebook as a scam so hopefully they will do something about it.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guess what message I JUST got in my inbox on facebook???

We periodically have a litter of English Bulldogs in our home and that's because my grandma was committed to raising healthy, happy bullies and sharing her knowledge and love of the breed. She died last March at 82.

So currently we have seven pups looking for homes: five female/two male.. red and whites, white and brindle and fawn and white. AKC registered, taking DHLPP shots. With our present jobs my partner and I have at hand, we won't be able to take care of the puppies cos we would be moving to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. So we are giving them out to caring dog lovers who would take good care of them.

If interested in having them or at least one or you know anyone who might be interested, contact me here or at [email protected] and you can send my email to the interested one to contact me. Also contact us with any questions you may have.

Hope to read from you soon. Please contact us on [email protected].

Thanks,

Kelvin

What an ARSE!!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Outrageous...it's almost as bad as the people who take out ads in the newspaper classified section that are scam artists. The sad part is, they wouldn't do it unless people fall for it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.