Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Milk is pure white and her temp is normal. She is also eating in between each feeding like normal. I sent a picture to breeder and she said maybe one of the pups scratched her. I didn't clip their nails until last night it is kind of intimidating :)

Oh thank goodness. I was so worried!! Clean that scratch up good because its an entry point for mastitis bacteria. I had to clip our newborns immediately, their milk nails were talons at birth! Usually they don't get like that for a few days or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
B

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
OK around 3 1/2 to 4 weeks old you can introduce them to mush. Soak a good quality puppy food, (we use FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag) in warm water and you can add some goats milk to it. You can put it in a blender to speed up the process. Make it pretty runny to start and put it in a shallow dish and not too deep. They will make a mess so have plenty of clean wash towels available to clean them up with. Around 4 weeks old you can introduce water to them also. I'd keep them in the whelping pin till around 4 1/2 weeks old. We make a pen for them to stay in and a crate for them to sleep in. We put down the plastic pond liner down to protect the floor and it is easy to clean. We put down puppy pads down outside of their crate and they will learn to use it. Once they get a little older they will love to play and eat the puppy pads. WE tape them down and that helps. Some people will use a litter box with the paper pellet litter, so if they do eat some it will not harm them. Around 6 weeks just soak their puppy food in warm water so it gets a little soft but the need to chew it and slowly make it a little harder so by 8 weeks old they are eating it hard.

One more question (for now haha).. Once I get to the weaning part how often am I feeding them?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
At first about every 4 hours or so. When they are 6 weeks old you can go to 4 time a day, and when they are 8 weeks old have them down to 3 times a day. We like to make sure they are getting plenty of food and gauge it off their poop. If it's soft decrease a little and if it's hard increase a little. It's a fine line to go by. I'd rather them have too much food than not enough when they are growing.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.